Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My FM reception is pants and I don't want to go down the route of changing the radio.

I note in the boot (trunk) of my 2002 Spyder there is a coax cable behind a little hatch. Is this for fitting an FM aerial or something to do with the phone system which is also fitted. At the moment it has a bare end.

Cheers

Jonny

·
Registered
530 Posts
There is a non retractable fender mount available. It's installed on the left rear over all the radio/changer equipment. PO had it installed on mine - can't say it helps all that much.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aerial

I have got the Maserati dual phone/radio aerial for my 02 Spyder. It looks like it mounts in the middle of the boot(trunk) lid. There's a co-ax cable in the boot which has the same connection as the aerial (female co-ax screw connection).

Questions are - does this supply the radio fed or just the phone ? Do I need to unplug the aerial from the NIT and plug in a new aerial lead ?

Finally - is there a Maserati cable that goes between the aerial and existing lead ? it would need to be a male to male screw coax connection.

Thanks in anticipation !

·
Registered
74 Posts
Forget AM & FM reception. Go with satellite installation. (X-M or Sirius)
Am & Fm will not work because of the elctronics surrounding radio and antenna cicuitry.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Satellite Install

Whats the best way to install Sirius radio in the GS if it already has a CD Changer. Id like a direct connect, i.e. not using an FM modulator. Any ideas?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts