Maserati Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a second set of floormats for an 07 QP. Is there any aftermarket brands that anyone has used. I was thinking LLoyd's Ultimat but wanted to see what others recommend. It is a bordeax exterior with cuio interior. I was thinking of going with a burgundy carpet (which Maserati doesn't even offer). I like darker floor mats because they are much less dirt resistant.

What is the best place to get them.

Any place sells them with maserati logo?

·
Registered
133 Posts
yea i got some for my 06 QP I forgot the name but maybe you can do a search on "maserati floor mats" on google or something

u can kinda see em on this pic (driver side w/ trident)

edit: the fitment is "so so" but i found the site: http://www.italiancarparts.com/covers/carcovers.html

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
Read this post: http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3490

I purchased my overmats from Dynamic Tech Group. My post above has a picture of the logo embroidered mats that I purchased. The color was a good match and the fitment was perfect. Dynamic Tech's website primarily focuses on Ferrari; however, he does produce Maserati mats and he currently has a set of QP black mats on clearance. His clearance list as a PDF was made incorrectly and part of the document including the prices are cut off. However, as I recall the prices were extremely reasonable (something like $150 or so).

·
Registered
3 Posts
yes.

i have a set of black cocomats in mine and love them...

they trap all of the dirt in the weave so you cant see it.. by far the best..

C have them in all of my cars and i am very happy...

Casey

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I want to get a second set of floormats for an 07 QP. Is there any aftermarket brands that anyone has used. I was thinking LLoyd's Ultimat but wanted to see what others recommend. It is a bordeax exterior with cuio interior. I was thinking of going with a burgundy carpet (which Maserati doesn't even offer). I like darker floor mats because they are much less dirt resistant.

What is the best place to get them.

Any place sells them with maserati logo?
Check out GGBailey Custom mats - you get to design your own!

http://www.ggbailey.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/TopCategories_10101_10101

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On the 07 QP (not sure about other years), there are black plastic snap fasteners which snaps onto the floor of the car, instead of the typical hole and hooks used by most manufacturers. Any aftermarket floormats out there that have these fasteners or snaps like the OEM?

·
Registered
793 Posts
On the 07 QP (not sure about other years), there are black plastic snap fasteners which snaps onto the floor of the car, instead of the typical hole and hooks used by most manufacturers. Any aftermarket floormats out there that have these fasteners or snaps like the OEM?
Yes we use metal instead of plastic, however.

They don't break and they hold a bit more snug especially on the 360's and 430's!

They work just as well on the Maserati's.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Here are the mats in my 2002 GT Coupe. The company I got them from uses Lloyd mats, and they have the logo embroidered into them.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
AutoSport Catalog does custom fit mats. I ordered a trunk mat for my GT and it's great. I'm not sure they carry Maserati logos. (they have basically everything else)
Most are Lloyds mats, but they seem very good

http://www.autosportcatalog.com/

Just enter in your model and search
These are the only ones I've seen so far that come in Burgundy http://www.autosportcatalog.com/index.cfm?fa=p&pid=900&cid=45

AutoSport doesn't charge a restocking fee even for custom items, so they don't seem to be a hassle (luckily, i haven't had to deal with returns)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

They don't break and they hold a bit more snug especially on the 360's and 430's!

it turns out the ones dynamic group tech sells don't have the snap fasteners either. I sent the pics to gcarlo and he had never seen those before. Anybody else who know of someone selling mats with the snap fasteners for the QP please advise.

·
Registered
744 Posts

Can you get them with piping around the edges and a cutom logo (e.g. the trident with the Maserati script embroidered underneath)?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Anybody else who know of someone selling mats with the snap fasteners for the QP please advise.
I doubt that any non-Maserati vendor will meet your needs. If the original snap fasteners are an important factor in your decision, your best option is to remove the fasteners off your existing floor carpets and install them on the new carpets of choice or check with the dealership to see if the fasteners are available as an separate part and install them yourself. Or you can investigate an alternative method of securing the mats, e.g., velcro (like the porsche), oval turn clips (like the ferrari and british vehicles), and install it yourself.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Can you get them with piping around the edges and a cutom logo (e.g. the trident with the Maserati script embroidered underneath)?
We can do contrast piping and stitching and the trident or circle logos but not with Maserati logo. These are embroidered.

As to the securing grommets we are researching what Maserati uses as we were unaware that the grommets we use for some of the Ferrari's were very different! It is quite unusual for the Ferrai group to depart from a style. We have in the past supplied the metal grommets we use for the 348/355/456/500/575's but were unaware they did not fit. They were to be customer installed!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I doubt that any non-Maserati vendor will meet your needs. If the original snap fasteners are an important factor in your decision, your best option is to remove the fasteners off your existing floor carpets and install them on the new carpets of choice or check with the dealership to see if the fasteners are available as an separate part and install them yourself. Or you can investigate an alternative method of securing the mats, e.g., velcro (like the porsche), oval turn clips (like the ferrari and british vehicles), and install it yourself.
The thing is I like these fasteners. I think they are very different...classy yet functional. I know you hardly see it but knowing it is not there irks me.
This feeling probably may pass, but for now being a new owner, I really like it.

·
Registered
793 Posts
One of my Maserati dealers is sending me a set of the floor pins and the carpet piece so I can see if we can provide those with our maserati carpets.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.