Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought cheapo / generic door mats for my 02 coupe and they slide and get in the way. Who makes fitted floor mats? I do not want to mess up the factory ones right away. If anyone knows of a vendor with a reasonably priced set, please post a pointer.

thx
luke

·
Registered
115 Posts
thebimbo,

Have you discovered an altenative supplier? I ask because Autostyle refused my request for mats with Tridents, saying that the Trident was a Maserati copyright. I think they do the full Maserati badge (oval, red Trident on white background), but I wanted plain silver Tridents on the front mats.

Re LHD, looking at my own mats the pair for the rear are identical, and the passenger side front mat is probably a mirror image of the RHD version. The only problem is the driver's side front mat, and a paper template would be vital.

P.S.
Car arrived last week - waiting for the snow to clear before they can deliver it !!

·
Registered
8 Posts
thebimbo said:
Just remember before you order that this company assumes the steering wheel & pedals are on the right... they don''t have LHD versions for current models! I've just mailed them and I'll let you all know. Indeed... How about anyone interested in left-hand drive mats with Maserati trident embossed post here with their car model [Gransport, Coupe, Spyder, Quattroporte] so I can look into organising a group order. Don't wory about colours, piping, heelplate or anything yet. Just want an idea of numbers as my goal is to get us a discount :arrow:
I would definitely buy LHD 2002 Cambio Coupe driver and passenger.

Arent't the 2002 4200 the same car basically? I noticed they do have the diplomat for the LHD 4200 so maybe that would work????

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've got nice aftermarket floor mats in my 2002 Coupe. The previous owner put them in, he kept all the instructions and such and it looks like the company is called Lloyds Mats. It's a perfect fit (LHD), high pile and even has a large trident.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Glad to hear you are nearly in the car, Ian. No other UK pictures posted yet (despite our requests!). No news yet for me.

·
Registered
115 Posts
gggs,

seamus has had his GranSport for about three weeks, but I haven't heard of any others.

You and I are both with the same dealer (English and Scottish ends respectively), so I would guess - and hope - that your car will arive in about three weeks time!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thought I'd go ahead and post a pic. This is one of the Lloyds Mats the previous owner put in my 02 CC. Pictured is the drivers side, the passenger side is a bit longer... probably a good thing based on what I've read about the accelerator getting stuck on the factory mats. Please excuse the grainy shot, had to sell my good camera to help pay for the car ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
That looks really good.
I looked on the website but couldn't find the Trident logo as an option. Is it a special oreder?

Tony

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just ordered a set from pelicanparts.com for my 02 coupe.
My car is burgundy with a tan/black interior, so I got burgundy mats with "Maserati" in white Italic font. We will see what comes early April, I will take pics.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I checked with Lloyd's Mats. They are unable to use the trident for copyright reasons. Anyone know of anyone else that will use it?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Strange that Lloyds Mats said they wouldn't do the trident (?) Maybe the previous owner bought these mats plain and had the trident stitching done. Not sure but I guess I lucked out, it's very nicely done.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
8 Participants
thash
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing