Maserati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone had this prob. or know what it means. where it indicates the temp. on the dash under the gear selector led, the temp keeps flashing between the outside temp. and an E symbol.

·
Registered
660 Posts
It means bad luck... the A/C actuator (actually a cheapo spare) has seized and needs to be replaced (guess you have no aircon and/or heating). Problem is, they have to completely remove the front dash to get to it and do the replacement. 4 to 5 hours in labor. Hope it's under warranty.

Ed

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
lazerx said:
has anyone had this prob. or know what it means. where it indicates the temp. on the dash under the gear selector led, the temp keeps flashing between the outside temp. and an E symbol.
There was another thread on this subject a month or 2 ago. Can't remember what the final outcome was but Ed could be right. I seem to remember someone indicating the temp sensor in the driver-side mirror could be faulty. Is the temp correct? Let us know what you find out!

Buzz

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
temp outside is correct. i went to a store and when i came out and started car the flashing E stopped showing up and correct temp. stayed on led. drove for about 30 min. and alls good. the heat works, but i didn't try the ac.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Let me quote the manual, pp. 60

"When the letter E is displayed for several seconds... it indicates a malfunction in the heating/air-conditioning system. Contact your Maserati dealer..." (blah, blah)

Happened to me after last summer. Been there.

FYI, part cost = 40 Pounds of some cheapo stuff (80 bucks roughly nowadays... gee, need to go to NY for some shopping)
LABOR = 715 Pounds (so: why put something cheap when it costs the butt to get it fixed if it breaks? Which will do given it's cheap)

Nice balance! Warranty took care, to my relief.

Ed

·
Registered
824 Posts
Happened to my car. No codes stored. CLimate in limp mode.

Dealer tested temp sensor, cleaned all connectors etc. Nothing found wrong with climate system.

Waiting for next occurence to take it to them without resetting/switching car off.

·
Registered
30 Posts
This prob has been playing up on 02 maser for months now and the dealer didn't believe me cause no fault codes were stored and it never did it at the stealership anyways one day it did it and the climate went to limp mode as usual
(22c and the controls don't work) but as the car was near the dealer i took it straight there the tech played about with it and finally realised there was a problem and he didn't have a clue anyways after much arguments maser has agreed to pay under the extended trident warranty for the faulty part which turns out to be the climate actuator (sort of a mini ecu for the climate) I am currently three weeks later in a courtesy car waiting for the part to arrive from Italy......

·
Registered
660 Posts
Elie said:
This prob has been playing up on 02 maser for months now and the dealer didn't believe me cause no fault codes were stored and it never did it at the stealership anyways one day it did it and the climate went to limp mode as usual
(22c and the controls don't work) but as the car was near the dealer i took it straight there the tech played about with it and finally realised there was a problem and he didn't have a clue anyways after much arguments maser has agreed to pay under the extended trident warranty for the faulty part which turns out to be the climate actuator (sort of a mini ecu for the climate) I am currently three weeks later in a courtesy car waiting for the part to arrive from Italy......
As I said above.

You mean 3 fu***ng weeks? You got to be kiddin... It took 3 days for mine to come via DHL. Your steal****ip is messing you about. There is nothing special about that part (which is mechanical, BTW).

Hope they are not covering-up another f**k-up they might have done. Don't forget they need to pull-out the entire front dash. If I would be you, I would spare an hour of time, give 'em a visit, and ask to see the car.

Good luck, mate.

Ed

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for that Iv never heard of an actuator for a climate control so don't have a clue what it is, they said to me they replaced the climate ecu but it didn't help then they told me it needed this actuator which they said is another electronic control device (doesn't make any sense to me) anyways called today and they said the part arrived this morning and my car should be ready tom afternoon to pick up...

Will see....

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was quoted £546 to inc fitting and vat till I blew up, called maserati uk warranty dept and told them i was sick of everything going wrong on this car and being told I had to pay for it when I had paid £1700 for the trident warranty from the dealer, 10min later they call me back and say they will pay for it as goodwill gesture.... my dealer it JCT600 Ferrari/Maserati/porsche Leeds

·
Registered
660 Posts
Elie said:
I was quoted £546 to inc fitting and vat till I blew up, called maserati uk warranty dept and told them i was sick of everything going wrong on this car and being told I had to pay for it when I had paid £1700 for the trident warranty from the dealer, 10min later they call me back and say they will pay for it as goodwill gesture.... my dealer it JCT600 Ferrari/Maserati/porsche Leeds
Do you know how much the actuator costs? 40-something quid. The rest is labour, because they have a 4 to 5-long job to fit the sucker. CHECK VERY CLOSELY they have done no damage to the dash hide or to the central console trim.

And BTW, Trident warranty sucks a** big-time. Go for AON. 850 quid and responsive (now I'm with Warranty-Wise; had my issues, but sorted them).

Good luck.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Elie said:
Who are AON and if they were good why did you change?
Nope, I now have Lloyds WarrantyWise (as said, I had some issues, which got sorted but after some wrestling...) and when renewing later this year I'll head for AON. Just another exotic car insurer, which provides extended warranty beyond factory period.

·
Registered
160 Posts
lazerx said:
temp outside is correct. i went to a store and when i came out and started car the flashing E stopped showing up and correct temp. stayed on led. drove for about 30 min. and alls good. the heat works, but i didn't try the ac.
Try the AC first.

Do you have the driver-side mirror acting weird as well? If so, it might be the driver-side door wiring harness. The weather seal on the A-pillar connector is problematic, if not fitted correctly (misaligned), it will actually prevent a good connection.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Used to work for Aon. They're actually an insurance broker. Looks like they've gotten into Classic Auto Insurance in the UK - interesting because the current chairman made his money from Auto Loan Credit insurance and Extended Warranty insurance in the US.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the same problem with the 'E' showing on the dash -Gransport 2006 -brought it into the dealership - they changed the A/C controls as they said it was faulty - only took them less than 1 hour - this fixed the problem.
Although after they had done this I have now a squeak around the central dashboard which is rather annoying!
seems that they have not installed the radio correctly after they removed it to fit the new A/C and it is making a rattle when going over bumps.
Dont you just love Maserati and there build quality ..not!!

·
Registered
824 Posts
So the car did it again and drove straight to dealer. They were able to read the actuator flap value and send an email to Maserati.

We'll see what is prescribed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts