Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
QP Owners,

Don't know if you've had this problem but, on my QP, and I know of another, the vinyl covering the lower section between front and rear doors gets torn up really easily. It happened on both sides of my car but much worse on the driver's side, not surprisingly. The material is a very thin layer of some kind of material (vinyl?) and easily torn and scuffed. Not sure if its people getting in and out or the seat belt doing the damage.

Anyhow, I took my car to an upholstery shop and they covered those two panels in leather and it looks great. My interior is burgandy and ivory; the panels were ivory but I had them done recovered in burgandy leather which was a perfect match to the other burgandy leather in the car. Cost $200 and about three hours time; and is better than new. Before and after pictures attached. Notice the fine job they did around the rear vent.

Ken

Attachments

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
very nicely done. it's not expensive considering how nice it is.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How is your ivory interior holding up? I can see some belt marks there.
Very well. At 56K miles and almost three years there is that slight dark band on the driver's seat you see in the photo but that's it. Except for the repair I was talking about all else is pretty much still primo.

I went to the factory to research my order before placing it and they said to stay away from the ivory because you can't keep it clean. But I've had no such problem. I'm not fanatical in my car care; just keep the leather cleaned and treated once a month or so by my detailer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts