Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My baby went in for her first (6000) mile service Friday. She's at Park Place Maserati in Dallas (that service center is really hard to find). They're changing out ALL the fluids including coolant and brake fluid. I was quoted $800 and opted for the $200 hand detail which includes swirl mark removal, leather cleaning and conditioning, tire and wheel cleaning and touch up of a small curb bite on my passenger rear ball polished wheel :mad:

How does that compare to other's 6000 mile service? Doesn't seem too far off from my major service on the BMW. I should get her back Monday and I'll post pics of the detail job.

It feels WEIRD being without her.

·
Registered
312 Posts
My baby went in for her first (6000) mile service Friday. She's at Park Place Maserati in Dallas (that service center is really hard to find). They're changing out ALL the fluids including coolant and brake fluid. I was quoted $800 and opted for the $200 hand detail which includes swirl mark removal, leather cleaning and conditioning, tire and wheel cleaning and touch up of a small curb bite on my passenger rear ball polished wheel :mad:

How does that compare to other's 6000 mile service? Doesn't seem too far off from my major service on the BMW. I should get her back Monday and I'll post pics of the detail job.

Seems a bit high. My sense is thaty $600 is about the average; I think I paid $637 at Orange County Maserati/Ferrari. Seems its just and oil change and computer print out. The 6K service for maserati should not be compared to a Major Service interval.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems a bit high. My sense is thaty $600 is about the average; I think I paid $637 at Orange County Maserati/Ferrari. Seems its just and oil change and computer print out. The 6K service for maserati should not be compared to a Major Service interval.

Because my car is 2 years old, they suggested brake, steering and radiator flush as well. So this service includes all new fluids (except for the CC).

·
Registered
191 Posts
Because my car is 2 years old, they suggested brake, steering and radiator flush as well. So this service includes all new fluids (except for the CC).
I paid more at FM of Orange County for a similar service, IIRC it was around $1400.

·
Registered
722 Posts
How will they touch up the curb bite on your ball-polished wheel? It would be a dab of bondo and paint on a regular painted rim.

I also have a tiny bite in mine, from a tall driveway curb entered at an angle. I was thinking of leaving it as-is just so that I have the first ding out of the way.

Mine spyder's in the shop for a sticky window, have a Kia rental car for the interval.. amazingly depressing transportation.

·
Registered
82 Posts
My cars a bit longer in the tooth - 20K miles, but I always have a car serviced soon after I buy it so I had the 18k done again - just in case. But I was in for about 800 too. I've been very impressed with Cauley Maserati in Michigan - every time I get the car back its been cleaned inside and out, wheels are spotless and the tires nice and shiny. No extra on the bill for detailing.

·
Registered
824 Posts
My 6,000 was $600, nothing optional done. Daily driver.

I had a hand detail, clay bar, polish, paint sealant done for $295 I think, top notch job.

Coming up on the 18,000 service!!! (which I think is $1800? I am noticing a correlation here...)

·
Registered
20 Posts
My 6,000 was $600, nothing optional done. Daily driver.

I had a hand detail, clay bar, polish, paint sealant done for $295 I think, top notch job.

Coming up on the 18,000 service!!! (which I think is $1800? I am noticing a correlation here...)
I just had the 18,5K service done at FM of Seattle. With tax it came in just shy of $2K.

·
Registered
20 Posts
6000 mile check

I paid $800 for my 6k check at Palm Desert Luxury Auto's. Changed the oil and filters, no detail, dinged my door and tried to hide it with touch up paint. I found the ding while washing at home. Called the service manager, he took care of it and apologized profusely. He also fixed a small tear in my drivers door weather strip (no charge). All good as new now, was without my baby for 2 weeks, not looking forward to the 18k service.

Now I have a rattle coming from behind the drivers side roll bar, sounds like a nut or bolt ratling. Anyone run into this rattle before?

2005 Spyder CC Black/Black/Vintage Pack
2001 B747-400
1944 North American P51-D

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I paid $800 for my 6k check at Palm Desert Luxury Auto's. Changed the oil and filters, no detail, dinged my door and tried to hide it with touch up paint. I found the ding while washing at home. Called the service manager, he took care of it and apologized profusely. He also fixed a small tear in my drivers door weather strip (no charge). All good as new now, was without my baby for 2 weeks, not looking forward to the 18k service.

Now I have a rattle coming from behind the drivers side roll bar, sounds like a nut or bolt ratling. Anyone run into this rattle before?

2001 B747-400
Hey Can.... Nice choice in cars ;) I have the black 05 vintage coupe with gray leather and black piping. Nice to know the dealer went out of their way to take care of you. I will check the girl over carefully as I know her every curve... Then I'll go get my car :D

·
Registered
742 Posts
Can you post your invoice?

Check out the 6K, 18.5K, 30K service thread. It has details of what people are paying for all their services.

http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1240

Can you list your invoice on that thread when you get a chance? Thanks.

My 6,000 service was $372.36 but that was just an oil change. CM

·
Registered
742 Posts
When do you hear the rattle?

2001 B747-400
I find that when I drive at low speeds under 25 mph, over small speed bump like road cracks and or tiny shallow pot holes, I hear a ( thud or rattle type) noise coming from the drivers side rear wheel well. I had the dealer check it out, they tightened everything under the car and took it out and did not hear anything unusual. So the noise I hear may be just the suspension but I think its something loose.... Let us know if you fix the rattle.

Thanks. CM

·
Registered
824 Posts
I find that when I drive at low speeds under 25 mph, over small speed bump like road cracks and or tiny shallow pot holes, I hear a ( thud or rattle type) noise coming from the drivers side rear wheel well. I had the dealer check it out, they tightened everything under the car and took it out and did not hear anything unusual. So the noise I hear may be just the suspension but I think its something loose.... Let us know if you fix the rattle.

Thanks. CM
I am also getting this from driver's rear, with trunk empty.

Sounds like a ball joint to me, though.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I am also getting this from driver's rear, with trunk empty.

Sounds like a ball joint to me, though.
Rear antiroll bar bushes. A classic. It might be tight, but you need a very tiny play to get noisy.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Has anyone had a ball joint or rear anti roll bar bushes replaced?

I want to ask the dealer to check the rear ball joint and or rear bar bushes?

Is there anyway to troubleshoot this? What other possibilities could cause this noise?

Has anyone else had problems with the rear ball joint? Has the dealer fixed it?

Car rides smooth as ice on smooth roads??

How serious is this problem?

Thanks CM

·
Registered
312 Posts

Is there anyway to troubleshoot this? What other possibilities could cause this noise?

Thanks CM
I believe Troesma meant "bushings", not bushes

·
Registered
528 Posts

Thanks CM
Where did you find a smooth road in NJ?

·
Registered
660 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts