1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
That the MC20 is a technical masterpiece is already proven by the data sheet. That's why I like this emotional statement best: "As beautiful as the F8 is, it’s also somewhat “busy” in the metal, and it’s hard to emphasise how much better the MC20 looks than both its rival and those early pictures. From its MC12-inspired nose, shrink-wrapped proportions and glorious design details, like the plexiglass rear screen complete with Trident graphic, Maserati’s first supercar in a generation scores a direct hit."

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
"Maserati’s return to the supercar ranks is a rousing triumph. After a period where its future looked tied to a range of volume-market saloons and an SUV, it has silenced its critics - and there were many - with a supercar that perfectly encapsulates the flashes of brilliance in its illustrious past, establishing a new level of performance for the brand and taking it into direct competition with Ferrari, Lamborghini and McLaren for mid-engine supercar supremacy.

The MC20 is world-class – fast, thrilling, engaging and, to these eyes, rather special to look at. It is the perfect foundation for the company to build on as it seeks to fulfil its potential as a force among premium brands under the wing of its parent company, Stellantis. Let’s hope it is not a one-off burst of brilliance."

Wow, what a summary, that raises a huge expectation for this car. I hope I get to drive one soon.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I was in love...until I saw the inyterior. Kinda plain compared to huracan and F8 though right? In the next 3 years I'll start shopping one of the 3. i really want to stay Masi, but the interior....I feel the GT had a more special interior for its time.

but then I guess the MC20 will probably cost a coll $100k less than the others. so there I go

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
... and for those who thought the music had disappeared: "all to a soundtrack punctuated by the sounds of a crashing-out chassis, stone chippings peppering the wheelhouses, the hum of the mid-range ground effect and swooshing as a massive phonetic wave makes its way along the trailing edges of the doors. And the eternal intake rasp and exhaust roar. The upshift vrroaam, the downshift yell, the flat-out bellow, the lift-off blat-blat, the countable idle-speed firing order and – best of all – the vocal 6200rpm constant-throttle right-hander that absolutely makes my day."

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Granturismo Sport Convertible
1,858 Posts
It's a big homerun for Maserati definately. The only downside is, again, the lack of an epic V8-like soundtrack and a rather bland interior.

It's also too bad they don't a roadster version.

·
Registered
645 Posts
It's a big homerun for Maserati definately. The only downside is, again, the lack of an epic V8-like soundtrack and a rather bland interior.

It's also too bad they don't a roadster version.
Of course they will have a roadster/spyder...sportscars always launch with coupes first.

I was on the official MC20 site. They have some sound clips. I have to admit that it sounds pretty great. Not V8 GT gurgle/pop - but better than I expected for sure!

Go check it out. Its also a VERY cool interactive website. Maserati MC20: First of its kind - Super sports car | Maserati USA

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
4,441 Posts
I still can’t get over those rear louvers. ( and what, the car has a digital rear view mirror ?:oops: ) I know beauty is a subjective matter, in the eyes of the beholder as they say, but to my eyes that feature just ruins the beauty of this superb, ”clean“ car. And yes, some other super cars have similar rear window louvers but to me it’s still a very unattractive clutter design .
Maybe it’s an option , or maybe they’re designed to be removable ..on or off at will ..:unsure:

But then again, the first rule of Italian driving ( as per the video clip below ) probably applies to the MC20, so the visibility aspect of this may be a moot issue ..

I love this scene 😄

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
I thought the same thing about the louvers. My wife surprised me by saying she liked it. She's an award winning designer. :censored:

·
Registered
2016 GranTurismo Sport Rosso Mondiale
1,237 Posts
I gotta say....I am impressed!
I also like the Trident center caps that stay upright during the wheel spin......makes me wonder how I could add that feature to me GT with some sort of modification....hmmmmm....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.