Maserati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my 02 GT with 9K miles. it's Red, with a Cuoio & Black interior + black piping/stitching. I've read so much good info on this site. I've already removed the mufflers and resonator. The straight pipes sounds amazing. The audio clips don't do them justice. I couldn't be happier. :D

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
congrats! 02 GT with only 9k miles! (and nice color too!) the previous owner(s) didnt know what they were missing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They replaced the headlight washer before they sold it (good eye I didn't even notice it was missing in the photos). Those G.S. seats in your cars look great. Nicely done!

·
Registered
695 Posts
I just picked up my 02 GT with 9K miles. it's Red, with a Cuoio & Black interior + black piping/stitching. :D
jtrip,

Congrats on the maser. I took a look at the link provided and just thought you might like to know that your interior color is Avorio. (A bone or ivory or off-white color). Cuoio is more tannish and darker than beige. So black/avorio it is, unless the camera flash totally washed out the color.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, you just saved me a whole lot of trouble. I just ordered a new shift boot in Cuoio with black stitching. I just called and corrected the order. It's going to take about a month for the part to arrive. Imagine my face when it would have shown up with a nice natural beige color.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Nice

I just picked up my 02 GT with 9K miles. it's Red, with a Cuoio & Black interior + black piping/stitching. I've read so much good info on this site. I've already removed the mufflers and resonator. The straight pipes sounds amazing. The audio clips don't do them justice. I couldn't be happier. :D
NICE CAR!!..LOOKS REAL CLEAN....WHAT KIND OF WARANTEE DID THEY GIVE U?.....HOW MUCH $$ DID u Pay for her???:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I paid 48K including taxes and seller fees. I'm shopping for warranties now...or I may just just foot the maintenance bills myself.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
i swear i have seen shift boot that has that discolored piece.
bcube is right, that's avorio.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Congrats on the new car-- I am in NoVA too :)

Interesting that Fairfax motors had this car. They are not known for exotics.

Best of luck with the car,
dsd

·
Registered
177 Posts
nice color

i live in northern va as well and went to the same dealer about 8 months ago.
they had a coupe gt 6 speed with about 12k miles on it.
went to go and look and after very close inspection (my wife actually found the problem) noticed the driver side rear quarter panel had been re-painted after an accident.
needless to say- did not buy the car.
the dealer claimed that they never saw the evidence of damage and tried to lower the price significantly to sell the vehicle.
yours looks pristine.
good luck and enjoy
i just purchased an 02 6 speed with more miles
i will post pics when i take delivery in a week.
congrats!
to the prsone with the gransport seats in their cc- where did you get them? were they hard to swap? expensive?
thanks

·
Registered
909 Posts
i swear i have seen shift boot that has that discolored piece.
bcube is right, that's avorio.
They use a different, heavier leather on the Reverse side of the shift boot, since that side will get heavier flexing. It's hard to notice on black or the Cuoio Sella leathers, but the light colors are pretty apparent, and its pretty much always a different color.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm replacing my shift boot because part of it looks and feels like beef jerkery. I'm fine with the color changing a bit, but the stiffness is annoying. The boot itself has popped off a couple of times as well. I brifely considered superglue....the new boot will take about a month or so to get here.

·
Registered
82 Posts
jtrip,

I'm afraid I don't think a new boot will cure that problem. It seems to be a flaw in the design - mine regularly pops off when I select reverse in the really cold weather.

I'm having mine replaced under warranty as the popper on the top has given up the ghost. When the new one arrives I'm going to try and work some leather conditioner into it and soften the thick side piece so that its less of a ppain in the butt.

Gavin

1 - 16 of 16 Posts