Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 2,236 km... my MCV is finally having it first huge problem.

Yesterday when I started the car, I noticed that the dash was playing funny on me. So i stopped the car and switched off and start off again. This time, the dash was static... none of the dial worked, the centre display for which gear I am in only shows that I am in neutral (even when the car is moving).

Took the car into the dealers and they were pretty baffled too. Seems like Iwil need a complete new dash display... sigh... I was expecting trouble but only at 2,236km???

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
oh my... save the old dash as a memobilia... i wonder how many mcv dash they kept in warehouse....

or, just keep it like this so that the next time you get pulled over by the cops, you can tell them the speedo was malfunctioning.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Vin, that sucks... hope you can get it sorted quickly.

As a sideline, some 360s seem to display this same problem. So you're not alone, and hope your dealer can get that covered under warranty. But as M! says, hope also they have some spare dashes on stock, as Maserati is not known for keeping good stocks of instrumentation and trim parts.

I had one door moulding replaced (got dented) and it took me 2 months to get hold of, as there were 6 pieces available world-wide (of which 3 were left at Modena + 2 with italian dealers!) And in fact I had my central console re-coated (and now looks better than new) as it was scratched during one servicing by the dealer (idiots) and I had to wait AT LEAST 6-8 months for the part to be custom-made... none on stock anywhere.

Ed

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the dealer will start checking tomorrow... fingers crossed...

cant bloody believe that it happens on a new car like this...

·
Registered
286 Posts
M! said:
oh my... save the old dash as a memobilia... i wonder how many mcv dash they kept in warehouse....

or, just keep it like this so that the next time you get pulled over by the cops, you can tell them the speedo was malfunctioning.
won't work and will net you a ticket.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sorry to hear about that...I'm not surprised to hear about this as such similar bizzare issues did happen to me before..... But as it is with masers, always expect the unexpected and you'll be a happier person... ;)

Vincent said:
the dealer will start checking tomorrow... fingers crossed...

cant bloody believe that it happens on a new car like this...

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah guess u r right... but just kind of weird at this stage... :confused:

was expecting something to screw up on the transmission first... opps... hope i am not jinxing this.

·
Registered
65 Posts
It's never too early or late with Italian technology. Adjusting to this mindset did take me awhile. Worst thing is the sense of helplessness when such incidences befall us. Even the mechanics ain't able to pin point the exact source of the problems. Hope that your maser isses will be sorted out......

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gosh... i have double the trouble...

luckily the little Mitsubishi will always be tehre for me... she will not die. :cool:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Haha... Yup.. Jap technology is still the most reliable... Can't go wrong there...But as it is, the flair of the ferrari and maserati is a quality that cannot be substituted or replicated..... You win some and lose some....

Vincent said:
Gosh... i have double the trouble...

luckily the little Mitsubishi will always be tehre for me... she will not die. :cool:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You will be very very surprised with the type of attention I get with the "I"...

A lot of people stare at her and kids love to walk over and circle the car... occassionally I have people walking up to me and ask where I got the car from... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Damn... See how little you need to pay to get all the attention you'll ever need. It's probably one of the most "value for money cars you can get". Not only that, it's zippiness is unmatched....:D

Vincent said:
You will be very very surprised with the type of attention I get with the "I"...

A lot of people stare at her and kids love to walk over and circle the car... occassionally I have people walking up to me and ask where I got the car from... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For a place like HK, it's amazing versatile...

When I sold the C4S I had before, I loaded all 4 stock rims in the back of this little thing... powered it all the way to the dealer, dumped the rims at the dealer and then picked up the rear grill for the 360 (which is over 2 metres)...

all along, my girlfriend was in the car... initially at the front when the rims are loaded... then she had to sit behind me when we loaded the grill.

One happy car :D

·
Registered
660 Posts
Yep, but one happy GF? :D

Hope you get the dash sorted and nothing major has happened...

Ed

·
Registered
17 Posts
Vincent said:
After 2,236 km... my MCV is finally having it first huge problem.

Yesterday when I started the car, I noticed that the dash was playing funny on me. So i stopped the car and switched off and start off again. This time, the dash was static... none of the dial worked, the centre display for which gear I am in only shows that I am in neutral (even when the car is moving).

Took the car into the dealers and they were pretty baffled too. Seems like Iwil need a complete new dash display... sigh... I was expecting trouble but only at 2,236km???
Hi Vincent,

Just a funny question but You will see that it is not that funny in the end.

I guess that this is the problem your car is suffering...

HAVE YOU CHECKED YOUR BATTERY??

Most problems of this kind happen because of poor battery charge. Even if in a particular moment everything seems fine with it.

Mont

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mont - we did... basically the ECU and the battery were reset and it got worse... there was no display at all...

I think the dash is a dud and should have been spotted during the QC stage...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Vincent said:
Mont - we did... basically the ECU and the battery were reset and it got worse... there was no display at all...

I think the dash is a dud and should have been spotted during the QC stage...
...That's really strange.
My question was based on my experience in my own business - Italia Exotic - where only Ferrari and Maserati are serviced and sold.
I've had similar problems in coupés and spyders after a battery charge or change.
But reseting the ECU of the instrument cluster and a new battery were always enough to solve the problem.

Let us know the following steps.

Mont

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update

Sigh - called Italianmotors/Auto Italia (the dealer) today. Seems like they are waiting for the factory to ship the new dash over. I will be MCV-less for Chinese New Year.

Darn.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Woooo Hooooo

Dealer called... the dash came in over DHL and my baby will be back for Chinese New Year!

Yes. :D

·
Registered
96 Posts
Vincent said:
Dealer called... the dash came in over DHL and my baby will be back for Chinese New Year!

Yes. :D
I'm glad to hear that Vincent. Our QP would most probably in the workshop for Chinese New Year. A pity really, it's in the workshop longer than we have been able to drive it. :mad:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts