Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today experienced the first set of issues with the GS, since i purchased it couple of months ago. Its 06 GS with 7500 miles.

Stereo display - the right half of the display is not working. The stereo and CD changer seems to work fine but but everything to the right of song number on the display does not show.
Anybody had similar issues? Is it covered under warranty?

The second issue is - As i was driving down in to the underground garage at work, I heard a loud rattling noice as i hit the brakes. It went away after a few seconds as i accelerated. Heard it again few more seconds later as i parked. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Could it be a clutch or a brake problem?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Your radio is under warranty.

The rattling sound is most likely a heat shield or exhaust system rattle. Also under warranty, shouldn't be a big deal to fix.

Sounds like you are ready to make your first service appt at your local dealer!

·
Registered
513 Posts
the ratting noise is likely exhaust related.

I had the same issue and ignored it for 3 weeks until it became too annoying. I took it to a muffler shop they put it on a lift and guess what, they could not get it to rattle. ...it was likely a piece of metal from the innerds of the CAT converter came loose, ...it is interrmittent because it will often go back into place. after that day at the muffler shop, knock on wood, it has never came back.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your radio is under warranty.

The rattling sound is most likely a heat shield or exhaust system rattle. Also under warranty, shouldn't be a big deal to fix.

Sounds like you are ready to make your first service appt at your local dealer!
Its time for an oil change too. I was debating whether to go to a independent guy or to the dealer. This makes my decision easier, will go to the dealer.
I am hoping that the noise doesn't return when i am heading home this evening.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts