Maserati Forum banner

First gear is great, but second gear is. . .

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  bundas 
#1 ·
Just wanted to post a comment about my '05 CC. . .First gear is great. When I want to go fast, jam the gas and it runs out of first gear in a second or two. . .the car winds up to red-line so fast. Simply amazing. . .BUT, Second gear is where the sensation of speed lies. :D It pulls and pulls, like an electric motor. It puts a HUGE smile on my face everytime I get to jam second gear, which is not very often.

Anyway, just wanted to post an observation about my joy with driving this mechanical miracle.

#3 ·
I don't think I've got the courgage, or the road to try that!

Anyway, I know that the CC is not a muscle car, but man, it pulls. I had a '95 M3, '98 Boxster and '05 MB E500. The first two were definitely sports cars, just not high end sports cars. The MB has 302 HP! Still, non of them even compare to the CC. My previous experience with off the line speed was my brother's '97 Porsche Turbo. Now, that's fast! But, it's only 15 to 20 more HP than the CC. . .And, the CC sounds SOOOOOO nice with Tubi.

#4 ·
And don't forget, your Maserati only weighs about 3500 pounds, which adds to the fun!

Life begins at 5000...

#6 ·
As an ex Viper owner, I MUST comment on this "not being a muscle car"...

The Viper was raw power like the old muscle cars. No tricks, no gimicks (read no traction control, no ABS). If you want to know true muscle car fun (and danger), turn off the MSP on your Maser. White smoke clouds (and 15 foot rubber tracks) abound. Try ANY of your usual power turns and you'll do a 180 (or maybe even a 360) if you're not careful. If you want to scare the crap out of a Corvette or Porsche, take her out of MSP and let them watch you fishtail down the road. I feel that I can probably do better 0-60 times with MSP off because of my Viper experience. The Maser IS a real muscle car. It's been tamed by a very well behaved traction control system that I'm sure most drivers appreciate. Try the wild side once in a while but be prepared!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.