Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am proud of myself fellow Maserati enthusiasts!
I wore out my rear Perilli P Zero after 11 months and 12,200 miles.

I had the prepaid mtce so only paid for tires and alingment.
Maserati extended Tire rack prices to me.

Had the rear speaker insulation installed - no charge.

Funny thing happened. After mtce @ exactly 12,500 miles the Service vehicle light came on and wouldnt go off. Maserati said that to prevent unauthorized mtce, the paperwork is electronically submitted to HQ, and they send a GPS signal to the car to extinguish the light. Weeks passed.
they called me in for a firmware update (30 minute download).
Gave them menu control to toggle it off.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks for update, I am reaching my first service in about 2 months but I only have 5500 miles as of now, I guess I would have to do it irrespective of miles. What did the firmware update do?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, i think its ine year of 12,500 miles, whichever cones first.

As it was explained to me, all the bug fixes, features introduced, options added are compiled and tested as a system, so anytime we take our cars in for any service, you get the latest, complete update.

In my case, it was exposing the Maintenance required light as an option on the mechanics console (not on the car system menu itself), so he could manually reset it. As I may have mentioned, it is supposed to be automatically reset from the Factory data center. But after a couple weeks, mine never did. I think I may have had one of the earliest Ghiblis in the South Eastern US, and I bet am among the first to rack up 12,500 miles, so who knows, maybe one of the bug fixes was for me :)

When they download it, it's wifi connected from the shop computer to the receiver they plug into the harness/interface under the drivers side dash. He said it was a serial data push done asynchronously, and its done it a maintenance mode and by that, i believe it replaces the computer program in its entirety and then reboots on it.
It took 30 minutes. When it was done, he had a maintenance console where he navigated to a menu and turned it off.

I did not get the list of what was in the update but since he told me I had to have the car relearn my shift points, I betcha that transmission was one of them...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Does the service have to be done by Maserati? I get my Mercedes and Audi done by private shops. How much does it cost? I believe my local Maserati dealer said around $1200 for the first service. Thanks, John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts