Maserati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got around to installing my ICELink Plus.

I bought it direct from Dension and they were supposed to preload it with the 5 Disc firmware.

Anyway, its running 2.7 and does not seem to do anything except charge the iPod.

I have e-mailed Dension (they were unavailable via phone for my installer).

Anyway, If some nice person wants to e-mail me their functioning Maserati ICELink Firmware that would be great.

Thanks,
dsd

·
Registered
153 Posts
I dont think you have the latest version firmware. Mine works with a beta version of 2.11 though this is not set up properly for 5 disc changer systems. Your version number should be 2.11b or higher.
Some time back I tried to flash the firmware myself but it didnt work. Its best to have Dension or your distributor do it.
My experience of Densions service is not good though the product is great when it works!
Tim

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I searched on the Internet and Found 2c11

I flashed it and it works now!

I still have a ticket into Dension for the 5 disc firmware, but I seem to be in the same stage as everyone else for 2c11

BTW, I upgraded it myself with no problem, just followed the directions for a manual upgrade.

I still want to try the 5 disc FW, so if someone want to post it, please do :)

Thanks

·
Registered
246 Posts
Here is the 'so-called' 5 disc version

Guys
I got a 5 CD version from Dension a few weeks ago. I installed it, and it works like the earlier 2.11 versions, except you lose the last playlist. The menu shows up on the ipod when you get to playlist 5, and you can sort of navigate it, but since we don't have a fast forward or fast reverse on our CD player, we can't select anything on the menu!!! I sent a note to Dension support a month ago on this and have not heard back.
I can't attach it, since the forum doesn't allow zip files as attachments, but I will email it to anyone who PM's me. One thing to note - we have a combined play/stop/pause button on our changer. When you simply push and release, it stops, and the ipod sometimes gets confused, but if you push and hold for a second or two, it pauses, and when you push it again the ipod starts right back up where it should (at least for me).
Here are a couple of useful Dension URL's.
First, a site with Beta releases (note the latest 5 CD version is dated 9/21/05, and doesn't appear on this site)
http://support.dension.com/beta/
Next, a forum site for Beta releases (which apparently rarely, if ever, gets looked at by Dension!)
http://support.dension.com/cf/forum/

All in all, I am semi-happy with my icelink, particularly since we have pretty much no other option, and our radios suck.
Mike

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have version 2f11. I dont know if it is the latest but it is certainly later than 2c11. I cant remember where I got it from and I dont know how I could make it available to you all :?:

·
Registered
1 Posts
according to history file:
ICEV2 2f11 Beta release

New features:
- The MASERATI car interface uses CD5 as ice>Link Menu key

Bug fixes:
- The "after more than 10 quick track changes the displayed track number on the radio did not correspond with the number of the pressed buttons" problem has been fixed.

ETC, ETC...

i downloaded version 2i11 and updated the firmware
seems this version does NOT have 5 CD changer control via CD5

does anyone know where to get a copy of 2f11 beta?

update is very easy via this:
http://support.dension.com/support-center/index.php?x=&mod_id=2&id=55

thanks

·
Registered
824 Posts
The CD5 change is a small config update you run after the main firmware update. I have the same issue. I lost the last playlist and can't actually navigate the menu.

I sent Dension an email... no response.

Anyone buy that Blaupunkt adapter from Best Buy or wherever?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
7 Participants
haha
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing