Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't like the size of the stock gas pedal. I don't know about you, but with a pair of driving shoes on, I would have a problem with my right foot slipping off the edge of the gas pedal and behind the brake when driving aggressively in the corners. I couldn't find anything aftermarket, so I bought Ultimate Pedal's Porsche 997 model. Had to drill 1 small hole in the base after removing the stock small pedal in order to use all 3 screws (2 lined up but it was a little loose without the third). Took all of 10 min to do. Much more comfortable brake to gas to brake feeling. The ball of your foot never has to come off the brake pedal really, just twist your foot to go back to gas...so much fun in the corners!

And I put the other Recaro seat in, even though the brackets aren't finished and only the rear of the seat is bolted in. I sit about 2-3 " lower than the stock GS seats lowest setting, it's slightly wider in the base with a taller thigh support (I have a 35" waist). The back is taller in the shoulder and the wings git your near perfect (I'm 6'1"). Stock seat weighed in at 58 lbs with the motors, the recaro's are 40.5 lbs. You can also tell inthe picture how much thinner the back of the seat is and how much more leg room you get (stock GS seat was about 3" away from the back of the rear seat!). The seat model is the Sportster. So far only 3 sets have shipped into the US, but Recaro is getting more in soon, comes in variety of leathers and materials.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More Pics

·
Registered
390 Posts
the seats look fantastic, although at 5'8 the LAST thing I need is a lower seat, heh. I already feel like I should be sitting on a phone book.

Why not just left foot brake? it's a two-pedal car afterall...

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
squid said:
the seats look fantastic, although at 5'8 the LAST thing I need is a lower seat, heh. I already feel like I should be sitting on a phone book.

Why not just left foot brake? it's a two-pedal car afterall...

old habits and too many years of driving with a clutch...besides when you're really aggressive in corners, you need your left foot to brace yourself against the dead pedal!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts