Maserati Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After many years and almost 21,000 miles on my '02 Coupe GT - I had my first issue.

I was driving with my new wife from Pasadena to our HB home and on some rough OC roads the rear view mirror fell off the windshield and just hung there. Shock of shocks the mirror was fastened to paint (the black painted area top center of windshield.)

Has anyone had any similar incidents? I'm planning on carefully scraping off a small area to expose the glass before re-fastening the mirror.

I'm open to comments and suggestions before I start the process.
One option is to have the Maserati dealer in OC fix it.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
It's attached to the paint so taht fro mthe outside looking in, you dont see the mirror handle's "insides".

Just put it on yourself. The dealer will charge you 1 hour's labor at the LEAST.

Or take it to a body shop... Thinking back, I actually suggest that.

·
Registered
284 Posts
FMOC has always been fair to me. I'd rather see it done right than done cheap. Even if they charge you 1 hour labor you are only looking at a little over a hundred bucks to have it done right. We are talking about a Maserati, not a Chevy.

Just my 2 cents.

Eric

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Except FMOC would outsource it anyway... They would send it to a bodyshop that has better things to do (ie more moeny for the time) than fix the mirror.

Thats why i suggest going to a body shop directly...

·
Registered
284 Posts
That may be. Drive in, talk to Mitch, he is a straight shooter, it may be something that they can do right in the driveway.

Eric

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.