Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After going through almost all the acheived posts here which btw, were a tremendous help, I pulled the trigger and bought a new to me, 2002 Spyder in Silver w. Burgandy insides. Thanks to all of you for your posting and replies, it made my search a lot more informed.

What surprised me is how quiet the ride is with the roof closed. After reading the prior posts about cowl shake in the 2002, I was pretty aprehensive. I am pleasantly surprised as I was expecting the worse.

Some details of my car and some questions which I need help on....

the car has just under 16,000 miles, f1, has a Tubi exhaust, Xenon and navigation. I didn't like the stock 02 rims in photos and found some 19in AZEV Type PS on ebay so I bought them and expect them this week, (I will post pixs with the 19in Azev's when I get them on if anyone is interested.

I cannot for my life understand the Info Centre, finding out where to load a CD, let alone getting it to recoginze one is still a mystery.

I purchased the car with 15-20% of Clutch life remaining and wonder what are the tell tale signs I should get the car into the shop.

Also after driving the thing for 200 miles yesterday, I hear what appears to be squeeling of the front brakes....or is it clutch related???

thanks again to all of you...

·
Registered
246 Posts
Welcome

Demoe
I have a 2003 Spyder, so I assume this input applies to you.
The single CD slot is in the console between the seats. It is easy to miss because there are some fancy vent or cosmetic slots in the same area. You should have gotten a package of 8 or so CD's with navigational data. You pick the one for the region you need and put it in. The unit takes about 30 seconds to recognize it and boot up. It's a slow system, and not one of the better navigational efforts, but it works in a pinch. You can eject the map CD once read and put in a single audio CD, but if you change resolution or something, you'll need to put the map CD back in.
If you don't have the CD's, they can apparently be bought directly from the supplier at www.navteq.com.
As for wheels, I have the stock 7 spoke wheels, but they have been powder coated with a black pearl coating that looks awesome on my black on black car.
Have fun!
Mike

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Way to go on your new car! I'm glad we were able to help.

I notice that all three of use are in CA. demoe, if you are near the SF bay area we should all get together in the near future for a drive to Half Moon Bay or somewhere else similar.

·
Registered
246 Posts
A Maserati drive

Hey, I'm up for a Maserati drive somewhere in the Bay Area. Maybe HMB down to Santa Cruz.
Another local guy with a Maserati is Luke (v12gte on this forum). He joins the Ferrari drives with his Ferrari. I keep missing those drives for various reasons. Almost made lunch with them in Menlo Park a couple weeks ago.
Mike

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Andrew, Yes I am over in Oakland so count me in whenever a group ride is set. I haven't seen another Maserati on the road here in the bay Area....I also have a Lotus Elan which is another car where a good portion of the owners live here in the BayArea, however I never seen many of them on the road....

I think my CD player is dead, my favorite CD is stuck about 80% in the slot.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
demoe
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing