Maserati Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After reading many of the informative threads from our members here I have finalized my decision on my QP purchase. I am now looking for a 2006 QP Sport GT. Besides the red lines on the trident what other things will let me know it's truely a Sport GT? What are these going for at the auctions? Any info on places to look to find the best deal would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Well in a 2006 Sport GT the "Sport" button will tighten the skyhook suspension noticably. I don't think the other models of QP in 2006 came with skyhook so this will be a giveaway for a "fake" one. I don't think people try to fake the badging on Quattroportes though. Only twice have I seen fake maseratis, one Smart car in Russia with a "Maserati" badge on the trunk, and one guy on these forums who turned his coupe into a fake GS using bodywork. also remember that in 2006 the Sport GT is the only model with the black mesh grill.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Well in a 2006 Sport GT the "Sport" button will tighten the skyhook suspension noticably. I don't think the other models of QP in 2006 came with skyhook so this will be a giveaway for a "fake" one. I don't think people try to fake the badging on Quattroportes though. Only twice have I seen fake maseratis, one Smart car in Russia with a "Maserati" badge on the trunk, and one guy on these forums who turned his coupe into a fake GS using bodywork. also remember that in 2006 the Sport GT is the only model with the black mesh grill.
i thought skyhook is standard on the QP....

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think people are too mesmerized by the blinged out banner pic in your sig. You don't see a lot of those around here, do you?
lol... I guess Ill have to change it when I buy my Maserati. Seems like everyone has a list of thier garage in thier sigs.

i thought skyhook is standard on the QP....
:confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts