Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had an independent check out my proposed purchase (2002 Coupe GT, w/ 24k miles), scheduled for tomorrow. The only things they came up with are as follows:

1. Excess tire wear on Front, inner side. Probable alignment needed.
2. Missing Front Plastic Exhaust Shield (under-carriage)

Looks minimal. What is the consensus on the best tires for all around driving ? Since I don't have specs yet, can someone provide front/rear specs ? I believe they are different, so I can replace the fronts without affecting the rears.

What's the recommendation - no point in doing an alignment without new rubber.

Can anyone identify the part number/diagram for the shield they are talking about so I can order another - although his advise is that it's generally unnecessary.

Thoughts ? Thanks again - heading out in the a.m.

Last item, any comments on a comparison between this car and the 996-911 ?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Those are the same tires I just put on my GS. Love them. next time I think I will try 245 on the front and 275 on the back. I heard they work just as well and look better with my wheels.

·
Registered
111 Posts
PS'2s are better for performance....

The PS2's are most excellent and perform even better than the PS's, if performance is what you want.:cool:

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The PS2's are most excellent and perform even better than the PS's, if performance is what you want.:cool:
Per Tirerack ratings, the PS2's are all around better than the PS's - I'm looking for a good balance.

"Those are the same tires I just put on my GS. Love them. next time I think I will try 245 on the front and 275 on the back. I heard they work just as well and look better with my wheels."

The PS or PS2's ? Will the 245's fit on the stock rims - if I am going to replace the the fronts perhaps I should put on 245's with the expectation that I'll put 275's on the rear when they need need rubber ??

·
Registered
793 Posts
Per Tirerack ratings, the PS2's are all around better than the PS's - I'm looking for a good balance.

"Those are the same tires I just put on my GS. Love them. next time I think I will try 245 on the front and 275 on the back. I heard they work just as well and look better with my wheels."

The PS or PS2's ? Will the 245's fit on the stock rims - if I am going to replace the the fronts perhaps I should put on 245's with the expectation that I'll put 275's on the rear when they need need rubber ??
Stick with PS/2's for overall wear or Pilot Sport Cup for extra grip.

Check tire sizing with the following and go as large as you can: http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

·
Registered
59 Posts
I saw on another thread that 245/275 will fit on the stock GS rims. When I run out of rubber on these, I will give The Tire Rack a call to see if they will work. Optically, I think the wider tires will compliment the rims much nicer, and will add a little more protection on the curb scuff.

RP

1 - 7 of 7 Posts