Maserati Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I have a small problem with my wife's 2007 QP sport GT.

Apparently our fuel door will not open with the door release button. She has been using the red emergncy release cord without my knowledge because during the annual they told her that the fix was 2k!

Any advice or guidance? Thank you

Scott

2007 maserati QP sport GT
2005 Ferrari f430
2012 porsche CaymanR.

· Super Moderator
3,415 Posts
No help on the fuel door but, congratulations on the wife choice. ;)

· Registered
148 Posts
Mine did the same thing. The release spring was broken. I had mine replaced under warranty, so not sure about the cost - just the cause.

· Registered
42 Posts
When I bought mine about a month ago, I also had problems with the fuel door and was lucky enough to have the manual to tell me to use the emergency release like you are doing.

Can you at least hear the action when you press the gas button on the dash?

I could, and once I had the door open using the trunk release cord, I pushed the white part that holds the latch in place (on the right side) in and out a few times to loosen it up. Then I closed it and it popped open. Sometimes it still sticks a little, but if I stick my finger into the edge I don't have a problem openIng it up.

Hopefully this works for you and you don't need a spring replaced.

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Checked it today again with the suggestions and insights from above. The spring is matted to the two hinges. The lower was obviously broken, the upper intact. I pushed the lower to a collaped/ coiled position where it presumably remain. This allows the top to do its job. It works. For now. If anyone knows the part number or has a copy of the shop manual, i would be grateful.

Scott

· Registered
1 Posts
Hello there need some assistance I have a 2015 Maserati Gran Turismo and I’m also having a problem when I press the button I could hear it pop but the door doesn’t pop up When I do have the door open you can see the pop-up mechanism going up and down so I don’t know where it’s getting jammed does anybody know anything much appreciate it love the car

7,950 Posts
Hello there need some assistance I have a 2015 Maserati Gran Turismo and I’m also having a problem when I press the button I could hear it pop but the door doesn’t pop up When I do have the door open you can see the pop-up mechanism going up and down so I don’t know where it’s getting jammed does anybody know anything much appreciate it love the car
It is best to start a new thread rather than jump on one for 2012..

· Registered
95 Alfa 164 ls, 07 Quattroporte exec. 07 Santa Fe.
456 Posts
No, before you rush to the dealer to pay $100 for a freaking spring, look up "fuel door repair" as I wrote that up 1-2 seasons ago. I fixed mine with a spring from a mouse trap. yes, a spring is a spring. For those of you with working fuel doors, spray some anti-rust oil in the spring occasionally. I did manage to find a donor door with good spring and I transferred the spring mechanism to my door (wrong colors) but the repaired one is on my "standby" shelf. Link is here: Busted Gas door spring high tech fix

1 - 12 of 12 Posts