133 Posts
Makes ours keepers!

·
Registered
133 Posts

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
SECRET: all untrue rumors. A proof? Here is the experimental vehicle of the future Ferrari full electric drive for the Alfieri. I have one, I am part of the test trial, it runs great.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
SECRET: all untrue rumors. A proof? Here is the experimental vehicle of the future Ferrari full electric drive for the Alfieri. I have one, I am part of the test trial, it runs great.
So weird! Someone pulled up to me in a white van and tried to sell me a box of those last week, along with a set of speakers and an astonishingly lightweight projector TV.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Saw some articles saying that they will be moving forward with Pentastar V6 Twin Turbo.. trying to find a good link, but no luck so far.

·
Premium Member
1,472 Posts
I realize many current 6 cyl TT engines can be extraordinarily good, and super-powerful vs. our NA V8, but I simply can't come to terms with anything less than an 8 in a Maserati GT, nor in a Ferrari for that matter.
Nothing tangible to base that on, other than my personal bias..an entirely subjective thing.

Ironically, I did own a 6 cyl Maserati ( Merak ) long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away :smile2:, but in the last couple of years after driving some 6 cyl TT cars than can annihilate our GTs, I would still not trade our V8 for any of those engines. The 6 cyl engines just FEEL weird to me ..the way they revv is not my cup of tea, and also they lack something I can't express other than calling it "soul ". Frankly I even prefer a large capacity 4 cyl (3 L ) to a six because of how the engine feels and revvs.

Furthermore, the turbo muffles the exhaust sound of what is already a pathetic note most six cyl engines produce. And sure, Porsche and a few other top brands have been able to attain very impressive exhaust notes in their six-banger cars but that's just been a fairly recent development. No doubt Maserati will match or exceed that note with any 6 cyl car they might release, but still.. the Ferrari V8 is epic. IMO.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I realize many current 6 cyl TT engines can be extraordinarily good, and super-powerful vs. our NA V8, but I simply can't come to terms with anything less than an 8 in a Maserati GT, nor in a Ferrari for that matter.
Nothing tangible to base that on, other than my personal bias..an entirely subjective thing.
As I pointed many times before, using Ferrari engines it's only a recent thing, so are V8 engines. Maserati's history is rich of inhouse built 6 cylinder engines.

And sure, Porsche and a few other top brands have been able to attain very impressive exhaust notes in their six-banger cars but that's just been a fairly recent development. No doubt Maserati will match or exceed that note with any 6 cyl car they might release, but still.. the Ferrari V8 is epic. IMO.
We have the brilliant F160 engine, which has an exhaust note second to none (well, maybe Jag's V6 in the F-Type is marginally better), why even mention the computer enhanced, fake sounding, engines of Porsche and others?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts