Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maserati has benefited from the relationship with Ferrari.

What does the future hold for Maserati engines, future offerings and impact on the brand itself? Your thoughts please...

A QP powered by a Hellcat motor perhaps, that would be interesting to me.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I don't think they'll sever that relationship. Like you said, Maserati has benefited greatly from it and I'm sure Ferrari isn't doing it as a charity case, so it's likely a mutually beneficial relationship that will continue.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I think the result will be that Ferrari will remain a very limited edition exclusive car. Maserati will be turned into an aspirational mass market brand like BMW and to some extent Jaguar. Whether that's good or not depends on whether you're a Fiat-Chrysler shareholder or an aficionado of artisan automobiles.

·
Registered
139 Posts
They are floating 10% of Ferrari, why will this affect the relationship with Maserati?

·
Registered
395 Posts
It will affect Maserati. The Ferrari IPO is going to bank roll the production of the new Levante. This move will also jack up the price of Fiat stock which will allow even more credit and capital to support the rest of Maserati and Jeep's expansion in the years to come.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Ferrari's real money is in licensing and F1; car's don't contribute the same profit. I wonder if their lackluster performance in F1 the last few year has necessitated the IPO? Less people wear red, less prize money... This is all money they are counting on. Sergio is looking to increase production by a large amount... Not good signs, but no need to worry just yet.

Now that Maserati has captured an audience, I hope they turn the design back to more distinctive looks. The vanilla touches may not be as needed as they were to get a foot hold in the market.

Maserati should can the Levante and design something else. It was dated years ago and still hasn't come out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts