Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad:

Have you ever been charged for an after repair road test?($65)
How about for having your keys reprogramed? ($65)
Or charged again for another road test?($65)
And why not a parking brake inspection fee before repair? ($65)
If not I can tell you I did at Ferrari of Seattle, a charge here and a charge there and the 3-4 hour initial labour quote turned into $873.
I agree there were some parts involved, aprox. $60 but the difference it's just an outrage.
3-4 hours of labor x 130=max $520 + $60 for parts = $580 so $300 difference.
This is the kind of service Ferrari of Seattle provides to their customer. A rippoff is what I call it.
Is there anyone experiencing the same issues?
Thanks.:mad:

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
:mad:

Have you ever been charged for an after repair road test?($65)
How about for having your keys reprogramed? ($65)
Or charged again for another road test?($65)
And why not a parking brake inspection fee before repair? ($65)
If not I can tell you I did at Ferrari of Seattle, a charge here and a charge there and the 3-4 hour initial labour quote turned into $873.
I agree there were some parts involved, aprox. $60 but the difference it's just an outrage.
3-4 hours of labor x 130=max $520 + $60 for parts = $580 so $300 difference.
This is the kind of service Ferrari of Seattle provides to their customer. A rippoff is what I call it.
Is there anyone experiencing the same issues?
Thanks.:mad:
The exact charges here they are:
-$260 to adjust driver side window microswitch
-$145.73 to install new trunk relay for the latch system ($130 labor + 15.73 parts)
-$65 to reprogram 3 keys
-$65 to perform a road test
-$62.71 to replace a cracked RH engine plastic cover
-$65 to inspect the parking brake
-$130 to adjust the parking brake
----------------------------------
=$872.64 after adding $72.05 sales tax.

I need some feedback on these issues because I want to contact BBB and also Ferrari corporate office and then Ferrari in Modena Italy. This is in my oppinion a bad way to ripoff customers.
Anyone familiar with repair pricing on a 2002 Maserati Cambiocorsa Coupe?
Please help.
Thank you.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I've got charged $130 for a parking brake adjust too, IMO it's chicken sh*t. It's a quick way to lose a client.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got charged $130 for a parking brake adjust too, IMO it's chicken sh*t. It's a quick way to lose a client.

I understand to pay for actual repair but for before and after testing? What is that? And it really takes an hour to adjust a hand brake? It really takes 2 hours to adjust a window relay?
thanks for the reply, all these answers it'll help my case when presented to Ferrari.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Ferrari/Maserati won't care - this is between you and the repair shop.

Did you mention your concerns to the service manager, Mark?

My observation is you actually got a good price on the key programming, but on the park brake inspection/adjustment, not so much. Everything else seemed about right, given their hourly rate.

Also, if they gave you a written quote, I seem to recall state law requires they call you if it is going to vary by more than x% or something. Did they do that?

My car is still under warranty but on paid service work they've been pretty fair with me.

PS try going to a BMW dealer and see how much more you get gouged.

·
Registered
71 Posts
It takes 5 minutes to adjust the parking brake, you have to adjust 2 nuts that will tight the cable, I don't see why they have to charge a one hour fee for that. If you came only to adjust the parking brake, I understand the one hour charge, but you were there for other things as well so it's not right to take advantage of the client this way.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Sorry to hear about your bad (or should I say "sad"?) experience with the dealer. It is simply unacceptable to be charged for road tests that's just pure BS. They might as well go ahead charge you for the vaseline that you brought yourself or did they even use vaseline this time?...just kidding.;)

This type of behavior is why I use an indy for my f car....much better service with personal attention at a realistic price.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I am not defending the dealership but part of your criticism is actually common practice in many shops.

If you have 3-4 items that need to be repaired, shops add the "book" time for each job individually even though some work may be related.

If you had asked the dealership to do an inspection of your car then charging you for a road test is not unreasonable.

In any event, I would speak with the service manager at the dealership. I would be very suprised if they didn't try to work with you to keep you happy.

·
5,887 Posts
The exact charges here they are:
-$260 to adjust driver side window microswitch
-$145.73 to install new trunk relay for the latch system ($130 labor + 15.73 parts)
-$65 to reprogram 3 keys
-$65 to perform a road test
-$62.71 to replace a cracked RH engine plastic cover
-$65 to inspect the parking brake
-$130 to adjust the parking brake
----------------------------------
=$872.64 after adding $72.05 sales tax.
Congrats on geting your car back from a service with less than a $1,000 bill. Many of us can't pull that off ;)

I might question the $65 road test and $65 p-brake inspection (since you paid to have it adjusted). With that said, it doesn't look like the charges you listed are out of line for an exotic car. Vote with your wallet. If you don't like their service, go someplace else next time.

Talking to the service manager might get you $65 dollars or so back (probably not worth your time). Contacting BBB or Ferrari corporate is a waste of your time and theirs.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
793 Posts
---I want to contact BBB and also Ferrari corporate office and then Ferrari in Modena Italy. This is in my oppinion a bad way to ripoff customers.
Anyone familiar with repair pricing on a 2002 Maserati Cambiocorsa Coupe?---
I would suggest you are wasting your time writing to all three. The BBB is a joke so save the stamp. The other two are part of the problem and will probably not even address your concerns.

Every time a car goes to a dealer the car owner is helping pay the dealer's overhead.

It is best to find a very good independent mechanic who has more concern for his work than for finding ways to build up an invoice.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Independent mechanic?

I need an independent mechanic in the Seattle area.
Any help?
Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You Get What You Pay For.

Those charges do not seem too unreasonable. Road test pays a technician 1/2 hour under warranty. It take a technician about 1/2 an hour to test drive a vehicle in the city. To programe a key you have to hook up the Ferrari scan tool SD3 that cost about $20,000.00 USD dollars that the dealer is required to pay in case you were wondering. Most shops charge 1 hour to hook up a scan tool and rightfully so at that cost to the dealer. Sound like they adjusted the microswitch in the door not the relay. In which I might add is a pain the the rear end. I realize you pay alot of money for your vehicle. You drive a italian race car. Just like anything that is exclusive it will cost you. If you want cheap labor and easy maintenance drive a Toyota. Cars are like women, the better they look, the more money you will have to spend on them. ;)

·
5,887 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Geez...

Not only did they over charge you, but they charged you to drive your car which is a priviledge.. They should be paying you for that, not charging you... I would find an independent and stay away from that dealer. My dealer here in Denver would never do that, but then again they are really one of the best...

If you want to make the dealer squirm a bit, publish your story in the local paper, with a copy of the bill and an explanation of what they did..... Nothing better than turning on the lights in a room full of cockroaches...

·
Registered
793 Posts
---- Cars are like women, the better they look, the more money you will have to spend on them.
I don't see this as a valid analogy or an introduction for a dealer to charge absurd rates.

There is no valid reason for expensive cars to cost more for maintenance than an inexpensive one.

That argument (high priced cars) becomes an open door for the dealers to do just what happened to the person who started this thread.

There is no valid excuse desipte an SD3 costing $20K. Smog test equipment in CA costs $50K-$80K, and a smog certificate is usually only $70.00!

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi 5 to all of you.

Very interesting points in all these replies and some of you share my view some do not but I really appreciate everything was and it'll be said.
Thank you all.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I don't see this as a valid analogy or an introduction for a dealer to charge absurd rates.

There is no valid reason for expensive cars to cost more for maintenance than an inexpensive one.

That argument (high priced cars) becomes an open door for the dealers to do just what happened to the person who started this thread.

There is no valid excuse desipte an SD3 costing $20K. Smog test equipment in CA costs $50K-$80K, and a smog certificate is usually only $70.00!

Agree 100%.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Not trying to defend any kind of rip-off, but the smog equipment can be hooked up to any vehicle and will be used more (faster pay-off) than the SD-3.

Have limited experience of Maserati dealers (have not been to my 1st service yet), but the 2 hours for adjusting the windows switch doesn't seem too farfetched. Just did the same myself - and it was a royal PITA...

/F.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Whether it is right or wrong is, unfortunately, not relevant. I bought my Maserati with the full understanding that this is the nature of the beast. Either you continue to be at the mercy of the expensive shops that work on these types of cars, or you take matters into your own hands. Since I don't have unlimited funds, this is what I chose to do. I purchased the Maserati Interactive Technical Documentation CD and USB locking device from a racing supply shop in Tampa. It contains full descriptions & diagrams of all systems, diagnosis information, schematics, parts listings, color pictures sequences of actual maintenance routines, and much more. It is expensive (> $500), but well worth it. It will pay for itself the first time you use it.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.