Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone belong to the Ferrari club of North America? I am thinking of joining and participating. I wanted to know if anyone has gone to their events. Are their events worth going to? What do they do?

Thanks,
Zearnold

·
Registered
695 Posts
I joined FCA back in 1999 and then let my membership expire. While overall it was a an O.K. experience, I was sorely dissapointed in how FCA organized the 2000 Indianapolis GP (return of F1 to the U.S.) get-together. A lot of money was paid by my wife and I (and others) to participate in the FCA event and it was, in many ways - subpar, to our expectations.

I didn't have an "Italian exotic" car back then, thus it made no sense to continue membership.

I would consider applying again, if I had a Ferrari.

(BTW, all the F-car and non F-car owners were great folks, my only complaint was the event organization. Or lack of.)

·
Registered
192 Posts
I was involved with the FCA (Mid-Atlantic Region) for a few years.

I found that I was hanging out more with FerrariList and F-Chat guys than taking advantage of the club. Also, a lot of the club events were co-sponsored by the local dealer and I was eligible as a customer.

That said, the FCA is great. I met a lot of people and had a lot of fun. In the end I just stopped attending events as my schedule and interests changed.

I would say go to their web site and write a member organizer in your area. They may suggest attending an event to see if it is for you.

Ownership is not required, just a passion for the marque.

Best,
dsd

·
Registered
773 Posts
our club

had a great time at indy meet, f1 was a problem for some. did not bother me, since i do not get away often, i really enjoyed the change, and people. did track day (one) that was enough! came back with all fenders. you all remember, what goes in comes out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts