Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
It's the Maser for me, please! The Ferrari falls a poor third behind the Alfa 8C.
...In looks anyway.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
I think that's way off. :confused:

The local Maserati dealer (which also deals Ferrari) told me the car will be a 2+2. Secondly, it'll have a 4.7l engine not 4.3l.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Rag top ??

does the car have a soft top ?

seems to me that the HARD top convert. is going to be the only way to fly at some point ?

·
Registered
88 Posts
WOW... that's my new car when it comes out (or at least 2 years down the road when the lease run up) ... talk about a baby ferrari...

In my opion, that car is the perfect upgrade to my GS Spyder.

I wonder if it comes in white or dark grey :D

·
Registered
88 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I checked out the GT last night

at Ferrari of Denver. It was red and had all the options. OMG, what a car!!! I know it's not quite as quick as my coupe, but you talk about eye catching and style... I had to wipe the drool off my chin...

Anyway, the new Ferrari F149 is basically the old Coupe/Alfa 8C, with a prancing horse on the grill. Roberto Ronchi also said in the article about the new Ferrari that Maserati will have a new coupe to compete against the new M3 V8 as well as a new sports car at the GT level... He also said Maserati will be in the 80 to 150k market so the magazine article is thinking there must be a new entry level Maserati coming out soon...

·
Registered
742 Posts
GT- S or Baby Ferrari? Lets talk numbers....

Without sounding like a name whore... After all the numbers are out, price and performance a winner will be crowned....

From the pictures I think it looks great!

I want to drive the GTS and I hope they mass produce it. I would love to own a Ferrari and the GT is a new option.

If the two are close in price and performance..(Which I doubt). I may lean towards the Ferrari.

What is a better buy, the worst house in the best neighborhood or the best house in the worst neighborhood?

Does Maserati really need a car to compete with the M3?

Still boggles my mind how they plan to dumb down and cheapen their brand to sell more units. Is it working?

CM

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Baby Ferrari: price wise, the last I read was that it was going to be more expensive than an F430. Maybe not, but it'll still be more expensive and tangibly so than the GT or GT S (the latter by clearly not as much).

Baby Maserati: yes, this will be a EUR 80k type of car, heard about 350hp or so and, hopefully, lightweight. Don't think it'll be able to compete with the new M3 given the possible 50hp deficit but you never know what magic can come out of Modena ;)

·
Registered
722 Posts
The big deal for me is that the California has a dual-clutch transmission, instead of the single-clutch. This will give a huge advance in day-to-day livability and also improved performance. I expect that single-clutch F1-style transmissions will wane within a few years in road cars.

·
Registered
9 Posts
A good replacement for my 05 GS!(Three years down the road)give them a couple of years to work out the 'bugs'. However, looks like I need to place an order in now!
A more compact solution than the Maserati GTS but I don't like the vertical arrangement of the twin tail pipes, something from the Lexus F series. Looks like this is the Maserati GS replacement a couple of years ago when Maserati split away from Ferrari.
Also check out www.italiaspeed.com to DL some HD pictures!

:)

·
Registered
722 Posts
...Looks like this is the Maserati GS replacement a couple of years ago when Maserati split away from Ferrari...
You could pretty much replace the horse in the grill with a trident and have a Maserati design.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
It looks feminine to me, like a Ferrari for chicks. For the same money I'd go for the F430.

·
Registered
81 Posts
It's a tough call for me. They are both incredibly sexy but I think I would give the beauty award to the GT S. The Maserati will probably cost $50k less than the Ferrari...but the California is also claimed to get to 60mph almost a full second quicker, plus it has those wonderful carbon brakes. I don't think you can lose going with either of these great automobiles :)

·
Registered
456 Posts
I read the new ferrari P149 will be priced above the current 430. Thats going to most likely fall within the 250-300k range. A good 100k more than the Granturismo.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts