Maserati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've always posted these in the feedback section with little results.

What improvements should be made to the site? Suggestions?

I think the forum is moving along really well. We have a small group but it has been fun. I've learned a lot about Maserati as I'm sure others have. The photos are cool but I would like to have them here in the forum as I'm sure most users would too.

I'm committed to making this a kick-ass site so let me know what we need and I'll do it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thumbs Up..

I agree, this site is developing nicely. Ofcourse, it will take a bit of time for the Maser crowd to get into full swing considering the marquee's historical absence in the US. Overall, Andrew a fine job. Being able to post pics into the body of our posts (like most auto enthusiast sites) would be a huge boon to this site. This is probably the single greatest limitation of the site so far IMO. If this functionality exists (and I am missing something) please forgive me.

PS - sorry, I didn't see your post in the feedback section...

·
Registered
252 Posts
Andrew, first off just wanted to thank you for this site, Has been very helpful. The attachments in post would be nice and for other improvements I guess those could be thought up as traffic here grows. Hopefully all the Buzz about the new QP will get people interested in Maserati here in the States again. Then when people start searching Maserati online hopefully they will find this site. Isn't there someway to google this site a bunch of times that would make it come up high on a search list? Thought I read something like that in the past and I am sure many of us here could help on that. I did not find this site till after I ordered my car and without it I might have canceled my order as I was using the yahoo Maserati board and did not get to good of a feeling for Maserati there. Hopefully between the positive feedback from owners here and some newer reviews in car Magazines people will find out Maserati is a great car. Even that little article in the June MotorTrend showed a big improvement so far with Maserati. Am already starting to get excited about the next generation of Maserati Spyder/Coup, This dam car bug is a sickness I guess, as it seems I am always thinking of my next car. Would also be great to see some after-market products come out for new Maserati's and then you could get them as sponsors here. Did not like the plastic License plate holder dealer put on and could find nothing online so put on my old M3 plate holder, At least it has a big M on it so I can just pretend that it stands for Maserati

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for everyone's feedback. Google has this thing that has been nicknamed "The Google Dance" where they will at random change their search logrithum. This site was #1 in a few Maserati searchs but after the last dance dropped off the planet. But I still get high rankings on Yahoo!

I'll start working on the attachment update. I have to edit this stuff myself so give me a few days.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Andrew thanks much for your receptive attitude. I do not know the limitations of your budget/time so please take my feedback in that context. The other forum with active discussion on Masers does not specifically cater to Maserati - so you definately have a window of opportunity.

Thanks again Andrew, and great job so far.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Good job Andrew. The MUST is the capabality to add pictures to the text messages. The redundancy with ferrarichat (topic: other italian) should be supressed by a link to this forum... the way to do it should be addressed with the ferrarichat's webmaster.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Swiss-Maserati said:
Good job Andrew. The MUST is the capabality to add pictures to the text messages. The redundancy with ferrarichat (topic: other italian) should be supressed by a link to this forum... the way to do it should be addressed with the ferrarichat's webmaster.
I don't think Rob would go for it but I could be wrong. The best thing to do is just tell all your Maserati friends there via email, nothing wrong with that.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Andrew, you are correct. Given that Ferrari owns Maser, Rob has been asked at least couple of times for a Maser-specific section in "Other Italians". This request was brought up once again late this week when a Lamborghini section showed up in there. So far, no dice. Rob's basic stance is that he will do it only when/if there is enough interest in a Maserati-specific section. This was his strategy with Lambo, which finally showed enough threads for a separate section. Since Rob already has a lot on his plate I can't say I blame him. Regardless, this provides a great opportunity for Maseratinet to grab an audience. I made a quick plug for Maseratinet on Ferrarichat.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I think the two go hand in hand. Years ago Maserati had ties with Ferrari as well and there is history there. I also run Ferrari Forum www.ferrariforum.net and hope to use a lot of my ideas there on here and vice versa, which will make for some great sites.

Speaking of that, would there be any interest in a register?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'd love to have a primary gathering place for Maser types. Andrew, your support will go a long ways to making this the new Maser home!

F-Chat is nice, but there Maser seems like a poor cousin from the wrong side of the tracks. Having our own 'home' would be great - a place to share the passion of things Maserati. We're Maser owners because we love the car and the history, not because we are in love with 'Other Italian Cars.'

My $0.02 -- having a place to call home is a wonderful thing!

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Brad,

I agree with you 100% which is the reason this site was made 6 months ago. Now it is just a matter of time to get more users here (always the hard part for me it seems).

·
Registered
252 Posts
I get the feeling Fchat would love to get rid of us Maserati people, they gave Lamborghini there own topic and seem to want to push Maserati onto the car and motorcyle topic. When we suggested a Maserati topic, Rob's reply was "Although Maserati might be under the Ferrari company and FCA (close ties to Ferrari) welcomes Maserati to FCA events, I don't see any needs to cater to Maserati as part of Ferrari. If GM buys FIAT out, do we have to include Corvette sections? Maseratis are nice cars, but we get more Lamborghini traffic than Maserati.

I agree that the Ferrari owners definetly look at us like we are the ugly cousin. I like to think they are just pissed that we get a great car with a Ferrari engine for almost half the price of the cheapest Ferrari.
With all the buzz about the QP I think Maserati might be on the brink of something good here and this board could be a great help for people looking for info.
Andrew not quite sure what you mean by a register? is that like being a paid subscriber? I would be more than willing to go with that. Was going to pay to be subscriber on Fchat till I realized they really don't want us there anyways.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Scott,

If I do a membership plan, which I had already considered, it will be similar to this:

http://www.ferrariforum.net/membership.php

But less expensive and no email I'm afraid. I will always keep private messages, avatars and signatures free. The personal gallery is really cool.

By register I mean this:

http://www.ferrariforum.net/register/

Any other ideas that you or anyone else has is something I will consider.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
5 Participants
Andrew
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing