Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here's a brief review, they didn't have time to install the DBW, so that'll be on in a couple weeks when I go back. My main issues w/ the car have all been discussed in this forum so nothing new there: poor brake feel/performance, body roll on turns, throttle response lag.

FD Springs: I did about a 3/4" drop F/R. Car looks good, and handling is substantially improved with far less body roll. Ride is slightly harder, but perfect for my tastes. I'm not going to track the GT, so it's perfect for my needs, still eats up miles like a champ (I've put on 1k in the past week since I got her).

FD Front cross drilled and slotted rotors, F/R stainless steel brake lines and F/R kevlar carbon pads: A little better bite and slightly improved brake feel, but this is a VERY heavy car that's significantly underbraked for its size. I got the improvement I expected and was hoping to obviate having to put on a BBK, but I don't think that can be avoided. Gonna have to do that in spring. Keep in mind that the C63 that I traded in for the GT had phenomenal brakes, and my other car, 997 GT2, has some adequate brakes as well. :) So I'm probably a bit spoiled with regards to braking performance.

Looking forward to the DBW install, and also getting some Ultimate pedals (I too, cannot stand how close the brake and throttle pedals are to one another).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, thanks for posting your feedback.

Can you comment on the feel of your brakes now? I have a similar complaint about the long pedal travel and hard to modulate brakes. I heard that just switching to steel brake lines helps. I too am spoiled by driving my 997 Turbo with ceramics :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thanks for posting your feedback.

Can you comment on the feel of your brakes now? I have a similar complaint about the long pedal travel and hard to modulate brakes. I heard that just switching to steel brake lines helps. I too am spoiled by driving my 997 Turbo with ceramics :)
Actually they've been feeling better as the pads seat, I'm quite happy now. Still underbraked, but better. I know, can't compare w/ PCCBs, just picked up my GT2 from the dealer and the think hunkers down like you dropped an anchor. :)

All in all, I'm very very pleased w/ the car now w/ the springs and brake changes, I may even hold off on the BBK. Hoping the DBW helps a bit.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Actually they've been feeling better as the pads seat, I'm quite happy now. Still underbraked, but better. I know, can't compare w/ PCCBs, just picked up my GT2 from the dealer and the think hunkers down like you dropped an anchor. :)

All in all, I'm very very pleased w/ the car now w/ the springs and brake changes, I may even hold off on the BBK. Hoping the DBW helps a bit.
Coming from a Porsche also, I had my brakes powder coated yellow :) Not PCCB but it looks like it. Only someone who had a porsche would understand the Color code :0

·
Registered
450 Posts
Hi

How is the ride quality with the FD springs if you press the sport button?

Also would you stick with the 3/4 inch or recommend a bit more as FD suggest?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Thanks Ajag. I' have been wrestling with getting the springs and I think you just tipped me over the edge! I had them on my QP and loved them, but the ride was a bit harsh and I scrapped the shit outta the under carriage a few times on speed bumps and bad dips.

I also got the FD brake pads and they are fantastic. Good breaking increase and zero squeal. Wheels stay clean much much longer now as well which is a nice bonus!

The DBW will make a significant improvement on how the car feels, trust me. Had is on the QP and will be my next mod here (with springs most likely!)

thanks for sharing.

Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts