Maserati Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Those that may recall I got it all last time: (I have a 2004 tru 6 speed coupe)
Air filter
Brake shoes/lines
Springs
ECU
Larini exhaust

That made a huge difference.................so................
This week I have the sway bars and the Drive by Wire added.................
HOLY SH-T!!!!! CAN I SAY THAT HERE?

The car is truly a BEAST. Put it in aggressive mode and put my foot in it; the hood launched up like I was at a drag race!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This car is all sports car with Ba--s now; I pulled over just to call Jeff; the two modes are different, drove in both.
You should also note that the shift is more precise and smooother;exhaust even sounds better? Jeff says he hears that but cannot say for sure why; maybe the timing of the synchros meshing better; who knows, and the sway bars, NOT ROUGH at all with the SKYHOOK on for me.
Also note that the dealer gets about $1800-2000 here in Atllanta for the 18K service; I paid $2100 to FRANZ BLAM racing and let me tell you what I got:

The 18K service which is mostly fluid changes and adjustments:
Radiator,brake,power steering and oil changes,(just did the tranny with the Royal purple), they replaced my fuelpump/send unit, have to remove the gas tank (see my other post on Trdient part) dealer wanted $1300 just for that) they installed my sway bars, added the drive by wire, checked and balance my tires, etc. I felt like that was a deal.....BTW, if in Atlanta or close, anyone that knows Porsche racing knows Franz Blam; his son Thomas races the "Flying Lizard" team at Laguna, Sebring and Road Atlanta to name a few; Franz builds race cars from the ground up and I am glad my brother told me about him; I am done with the dealer.................I was so happy to drive this new thing that I blew thru a whole tank of gas, all day today!!!!!!!!!:D:D

PS I bought a used rear bumper; had the body shop add the mesh and it looks like a GS, I am going to add the rockers and I will have I think the ultimate as Jeff and I talked about; a TRUE 6 speed Gran Sport!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I think you can look up the Flying Lizard race team and see that they won ALMS this year if I am not mistaken, they were either first of second, with Ferrari in the other spot... BTW, I agree about the ECU and DBW, it makes the car into a total beast...

Those that may recall I got it all last time: (I have a 2004 tru 6 speed coupe)
Air filter
Brake shoes/lines
Springs
ECU
Larini exhaust

That made a huge difference.................so................
This week I have the sway bars and the Drive by Wire added.................
HOLY SH-T!!!!! CAN I SAY THAT HERE?

The car is truly a BEAST. Put it in aggressive mode and put my foot in it; the hood launched up like I was at a drag race!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This car is all sports car with Ba--s now; I pulled over just to call Jeff; the two modes are different, drove in both.
You should also note that the shift is more precise and smooother;exhaust even sounds better? Jeff says he hears that but cannot say for sure why; maybe the timing of the synchros meshing better; who knows, and the sway bars, NOT ROUGH at all with the SKYHOOK on for me.
Also note that the dealer gets about $1800-2000 here in Atllanta for the 18K service; I paid $2100 to FRANZ BLAM racing and let me tell you what I got:

The 18K service which is mostly fluid changes and adjustments:
Radiator,brake,power steering and oil changes,(just did the tranny with the Royal purple), they replaced my fuelpump/send unit, have to remove the gas tank (see my other post on Trdient part) dealer wanted $1300 just for that) they installed my sway bars, added the drive by wire, checked and balance my tires, etc. I felt like that was a deal.....BTW, if in Atlanta or close, anyone that knows Porsche racing knows Franz Blam; his son Thomas races the "Flying Lizard" team at Laguna, Sebring and Road Atlanta to name a few; Franz builds race cars from the ground up and I am glad my brother told me about him; I am done with the dealer.................I was so happy to drive this new thing that I blew thru a whole tank of gas, all day today!!!!!!!!!:D:D

PS I bought a used rear bumper; had the body shop add the mesh and it looks like a GS, I am going to add the rockers and I will have I think the ultimate as Jeff and I talked about; a TRUE 6 speed Gran Sport!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the post;Yes Flying Lizard is a top team!

It is a totally diffrent car; frankly if I was looking for a sports car now I would think about buying a 2002 maual for in the $30's I think one can be had; add these mods for $5-8 K and have one hell of a sports car for a lot less money than many other options out there! dogdoc:)

·
Registered
744 Posts
I agree

I have the same set up with Tubis plus I have no front cats and I have the HPS main cats from FD. I figure that I am in the 440 - 450 HP range now.

There is absolutely no comparison whatsoever to the stock set up. This is the way the car should have come from the factory especially the suspension (which in stock form honestly reminded me of my dad's '77 T Bird). I can't wait to hit the track again.

One thing to note is the increased stress these mods puts on the other components. I had a sway bar link go soon after putting on the sway bars. It might have been going anyway but I think my more aggressive driving after the mods was a definately a contributing factor.

Overall though, anyone who likes to really drive their car hard should consider these mods as a "must have".

·
Vendor
4,738 Posts
Gentlemen, thanks again. I really appreciate the feedback and as you all know, we do our best to provide a true enhancement to the car, not just another product to sell.

It is worth noting, that docdoc has a manual transmission car and many ask about whether or not the DBW is a worthwhile upgrade on the 6MT. My feeling is that it certainly is and we've built a special version for this Trans, which is different than that of the CC, Duoselect or Automatica models.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Jeff, what exactly is the difference between the 6mt DBW & the CC DBW? I have been wondering this, as it is know the DBW adjusts throttle and clutch response. I am a die hard manual fan so I will be getting into a coupe GT and wanted this mod for it, just didn't know until now that it could be done. Cheers!

Joe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts