Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if anyone can help but my fan has started to make a very noticeable noise and vibration when it cuts in (which it seems to do regularly and with no temperature problems) such that my 5 year old asked me if it "should be doing that"!! Never noticed the fan kicking before. Any ideas as to what might be causing this?

In addition to the above I have also noticed that my oil pressure does not now move down from the max position when at idle, it remains at or near the max mark, as if the car was in warm up mode. I can't help but feel that the two issues are connected and wonder what the risk of damage might be, presumably the oil pressure drops at idle for a reason.

Cheers

Carl

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Did you recently change the oil?

And if you did, what did you put in?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, oil was last changed by dealer 10 months ago and level, from what I can see (very difficult to get an accurate reading from the dip stick) appears fine.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Couple of things....

How many miles since your last oil change? Oil get's thicker with use, it collects particulates, so that could be causing you some problems with getting hotter and a little bit on the pressure side but not that much.

Also make sure you coolant is good and the thermostat is okay as well. I would start looking at these things first, then see what you find. One thing usually leads to another until you find the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts