Maserati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll admit that I can be a bit "ham fisted" at times, but I recently "bumped" the interior fan control switch when reaching for it, and the darn thing broke! The "shaft" that actually connects with the rheostat down in the control body, broke off of the actual knob. So I say to myself, "this shouldn't be a big deal, just buy a new knob...". That's when the Maserati Financial Independence Act came into play. I find that to replace the knob I need to by the entire A/C control panel at $1K plus !! That's the most expensive knob I have ever held (ok, no sexual innuendos, friends).

Luckily I found a used panel at $325, but has anyone else experienced a similar issue? Does anyopne know of replacement pieces that don't involve replacing half the car for a minor mishap? And lastly, If I can get a fabricator/machinist buddy of mine to build a replacement (and maybe engineer a multiple cup holder piece) would there be a market?

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
The knobs in the Maserati are somewhat fragile and have been known to break in a number of different ways.

There aren't repair parts available for a number of reasons, one of which is no one would be happy about paying $300 in labor to replace a $5 switch.

Also Maserati buys these pieces from a supplier and they don't have control over whats available seperate.

I also doubt that enough people will feel comfortable enough with taking on this project to really seel a large number of the repair parts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts