Maserati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a 2002 coupe (no warrenty), say with less than 20K on the clock. Lets assume the car is in good condition.
What would be a good price for one at a dealer, vs. private party.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Give us some....

... more clues:

Where are you based?
Do you require a GT or CC?
Would you like toys (tick the options boxes on a new model and you can add 000's to the sale price. This will be reflected somewhat in the price you pay for used.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Located in New Jersey, and would prefer a stick shift.
From what I can see most of the cars have about the same basic options on them, and the fluff stuff never seems to hold value for resale.

I'm guessing we should be somewhere in the low 40's for a private party car, and mid 40's for a dealer car. - Sound about right?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
M! said:
he's looking for a coupe.
True, but if the pricing for coupes and spiders has a constant relationship, this would help.

The trouble with the marque, is that there are too few reference points to get a firm grasp on the value.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Unfortunately, that is going to continue for a while Fred. The cars are pretty individual in pricing, options, condition, etc. on the used cars. Throw in the fact we will have a year with no new coupes built, a new model coming, and the nearing debut of their extended warranty program (I'll share details as soon as I can), the market will still fluctuate.

For an 02 CC car, mid to high 40's at a dealer, low to mid 40's private party should be about right. Its harder to say for a GT because there are so few out there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think there's going to be a lot of variation. I have an 02 coupe, no skyhook, 6 speed, leather headliner, updated software, new (dual tang) clutch, new cd changer, new torque tube, etc.. Car runs like a dream- faster than my countach or testarossa. I wonder if 6 speeds are worth more, or less? they certainly are less expensive to keep (no F1 pump, etc.)

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
dwaltos said:
I think there's going to be a lot of variation. I have an 02 coupe, no skyhook, 6 speed, leather headliner, updated software, new (dual tang) clutch, new cd changer, new torque tube, etc.. Car runs like a dream- faster than my countach or testarossa. I wonder if 6 speeds are worth more, or less? they certainly are less expensive to keep (no F1 pump, etc.)
sorry but what software updates are there? engine management software? since your car has no skyhook and no CC.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts