Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone (like me) who hoped to tour the factory I have just received word from Maserati that all factory tours have been cancelled from Sept 14th until Oct 23rd - it appears something is happening at the factory, any ideas?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I just got back from modena last night, I I did my factory tour. The reason they are cancelled is because they are booked solid. The factory has been closed all of aug due to Italian holiday. As far as making room for the new coupe the only thing that will change is that the engine testing will be done in maranello and not modena so nothing should be holding them back. I think they are just booked solid, at least that is what they told me. I was also fortunate to time my tour on the same day they had a reception for the audemars piguetso all the race cars were there as well and I got to sit in the gransport light. Very cool, I want one. And they will make them for you for the cost of about 180,000 euros. I will start saving :D

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope - I had a booking - they have cancelled tours for a 6 week period.
(at least they better have!)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Explanation from Maserati:
"We have closed the factory tour because from September 14th to October 22nd we will have prototype on the production line and NO ONE can enter the factory."

·
Registered
530 Posts
wonder if this could be the reason?

Here’s reason number #1,534 #1 why we’re eagerly awaiting Alfa Romeo’s return to North America – the gorgeous 8C Competizione. First shown at the Frankfurt Motor Show back in 2003, the production coupe is set to be introduced in Paris later this month.

In addition to its voluptuous sheetmetal, the car is reportedly based on a shortened Maserati Coupe platform and powered by a Trident-derived 4.7-liter V-8 giving 450 horsepower and 347 pound-feet of torque. True manual transmission enthusiasts will apparently have to go without, but a six-speed paddle-shift should at least keep hands busy.

Early reports have Alfa producing 1,000 8C Competiziones, split evenly between coupes and spiders—about half of which are scheduled come to the US. Expect to see the production spider to debut in Frankfurt at 2007, with the first American models arriving sometime in 2009.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts