Maserati Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My QP will be out of warranty in October. In florida they are not allowed to offer an extended warranty(state requirements), as per the dealer.
The dealer told me to try and purchase the warranty from a non Florida dealer, and the repairs could be done by the Florida dealer that will honor the warranty.
Did any of you buy an extended factory warranty? Do you know the price for it?
Your help is greatly appriciated.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Extended Warranties

D, the best advice, (I am sorry to say b'c I'd love one too), I have seen on this subject was Clark Howard's piece on CNN.

http://clarkhoward.com/liveweb/shownotes/2008/10/22/14288/

I bought my '04 CC from a very reputable Masi dealer and I said should I buy an extended warranty from you guys? He said, we wouldn't waste your money like that and that typically aftermarket warranties cover everyting EXCEPT what could go wrong and that promises of refunds for unused warranties are laughable and never collected.

Hopefully someone on here can tell us otherwise. If so I'm interested too.

If you are referring to a Masi certified factory warranty, then all of the above is null and void.

S-

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I am talking about the factory warranty, to continue the same coverage I have now for another year or two. I think that the after market warranty is a waste of money.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The factory extended warrnaty is not an extension of your existing warranty it is strictly a powertrain warranty limited to Gearbox and engine. It does not cover leaks or seals. Generally covers catastrophic failures of non wear items in gearbox and engine. I believe the price is $2500.
If you need it it is a bargain but in all likelyhood you will not have a failure in one of these two items that will be covered by the warranty.
The base engine and gearbox's in these vehicles do not have mechanical failures often.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts