Maserati Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, sorry if this has been covered before, but my amp now shuts off every few moments, and now I'm looking to bypass it. Does anyone have the procedure? Does the factory becker head unit have onboard power for the speakers, or will I have to source a new head unit?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Would you perfer to replace the auditorium amp? I just finished with a stereo install and would be willing to part with it for reimbursement of time to dig it out plus shipment.

That said, if memory serves, the amp appears receives speaker level inputs and process them from there. Before I replaced my head unit I pulled directly from the (back in the trunk) and used speaker level inputs into an amp. I am pretty sure it was pre-amp, but cannot recall at the moment. It did not sounds great, but it was certainly better than stock. The NIT pin-out is at the below link. You can always trace wire colors if you want:

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would you perfer to replace the auditorium amp? I just finished with a stereo install and would be willing to part with it for reimbursement of time to dig it out plus shipment.
Thanks for the offer, I'll let you know if I decide to do the amp or the radio.

Take a look at the below link for bypassing procedure.

Gransport Audio Upgrade – Part 1
Thanks, that's exactly the information I was looking for.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got in there thos morning, and don't see an amp. Am I in the right place? Which of these harnesses is the right one? Thanks!

·
Registered
586 Posts
You are in the right place. Doesn’t look like there is an amp there. The amp I believe was part of the Auditorium add on. Do you have an Auditorium badge by your door speakers?

·
Registered
58 Posts

That said, if memory serves, the amp appears receives speaker level inputs and process them from there. Before I replaced my head unit I pulled directly from the (back in the trunk) and used speaker level inputs into an amp. I am pretty sure it was pre-amp, but cannot recall at the moment. It did not sounds great, but it was certainly better than stock. The NIT pin-out is at the below link. You can always trace wire colors if you want:

Hi, I sent you a PM if you are able to check. Many thanks!

·
Registered
427 Posts

Hi, do you still have the amp available?

Thanks! Mark

·
Registered
49 Posts

Hey Sanmiam,

I have the auditorium 200 Amp that plays when it feels like it. I was going to take it out as a fall project and send it out to be rebuilt. If you still have that amp and it works, I would love to work out a purchase now instead. Can you pm me on that?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts