Maserati Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
i guess its bye bye for the duo-select? and no mention of the MC shift either..

i have mixed feelings about the facelift.
i like the side mirrors and rear LED lights.
the front LED lights are cluttered and not stylized. for instance, the V8 Vantage and R8 has a distinct shape instead of the 911 Turbo, S6 which are just a strip.
i usually like fog lamps on the bottom but now, with all the lights lit up, the front of the QP will look very busy.

as for the grille, it is nice to see it matches the GT, but it looks too narrow.

not sure if i like the 7 Y spoke wheel. looks good on the GT but not really 'holding up' the QP.
i wonder if there are any updates to the interior?

·
Registered
340 Posts
My dealer told me that the duo-select was coming back in MY09

·
Registered
793 Posts
I guess its bye bye for the duo-select? and no mention of the MC shift either..
Since it nearly financially buried Maserati and contributed to considerable lost sales, this does not surprise me.

Forza just reported that Maserati finally made $ for the Fiat group as a result of the switch to the auto tranny.

Don't be surprised if the DuoSelect stays in the museum!!

·
Registered
793 Posts
It's very tempting to purchase!

Beautiful for sure but the wheels are just awful!

Needs a horizontal grille like the 599.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I like the grill but am unsure about the new front LEDs and the standard wheels look terrible and the "Y" wheels not much better, the old ones had much more prescence, esp the 20". Having just pulled the trigger on a QP Sport GT-S (getting it the middle of next month) I am glad the facelift is not too extensive and hope that it won't effect second hand values of the old model too much.

·
Registered
325 Posts
New Qp

I Absolutely Love It! Appears More Masculine And Very Well Made. I Would Buy It In A Heartbeat But I Would Hate To Get Rid Of My Qp 06 Sport. I Wish I Could Have 5 Masers!

06 QP
06 GS SPYDER

1 - 11 of 11 Posts