Maserati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need a car to bring into the shop so we can redesign out bypass pipes. you will get free installation. just trying to get this whole ground clearance situation sorted out. pm if your interested

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
special thanks to jimkais for allowing us to use his car for the pipe redesign. it will be out in the next couple of weeks

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thanks AJ. See you Friday.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looking forward to it

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i will see that it does and its everything you guys will want

·
Registered
331 Posts
Will this setup sound pretty loud with the Tubi boxes that I have on the car now? I want it as loud as possible.

Thank you,
Stephen

2006 Maserati GS
1989 Bentely Turbo R
1995 Jaguar XJR

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i will look into that for you and see what i can do. if i had a euro car it would be no problem

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Will this setup sound pretty loud with the Tubi boxes that I have on the car now? I want it as loud as possible.

Thank you,
Stephen

2006 Maserati GS
1989 Bentely Turbo R
1995 Jaguar XJR
yes it will give you exactly what your looking for

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i will have a picture up next week or so after the redesign is completed

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah thats where the issue comes in.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I just dropped my 06GS off at Fabspeed for new cat bypass. Very impressive shop - huge! We went through the process of how the cat bypass pipe spec will be handled. They will use their 3D software to get a precise measurement/fitmet for the vehicle. Likely, they will try for three versions of the cat bypass pipes and dyno each of them to see what produces the best result. Apparently their pipe bending machine (mandrel bender) is used by one of only 5 or 6 companies in the US including Boeing. Very precise and it can work with small pipes without worrying about welding/creases etc. I don't pretend to be any type of expert, but I feel very comfortable with my vehicle in their hands. Pictures videos et al. including dyno report will be posted. They have a great team and operation there - let's see what happens! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks for letting us use your car i greatly appreciate it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts