Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

Lots of people have said that it is good to get a new relay for the F1 pump around every year.

I want do switch it out myself...

Where is the relay in the car? Are there any tips or tricks to doing it?
Any warnings or important facts?

Thanks!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yah... where?

I'm driving home, I get to the gates and stop to talk to the gaurd for a min. I'm sitting at idle in 1st for a couple mins chit chatting. After I realize we might be here for a min (talking about cars) I put it in neutral and I shut off the car.
Long story short I forgot my sister was on her way so when she pulls up behind me I hop back in and turn the key.....NOTHING!

I hold the key for sec.... sometimes she takes a second or two....NUTHING. No funny beeps and no lights. I then noticed that I dont hear the pump priming up. I hop out goto the trunk kill the batter switch for a couple mins (hoping its something else).

Cut the switch back on and....NOTHING, still dont hear the pump prime.
I don't live TOO far inside the gates so I figure I'd just push it home. Well on the push home with the key on I notice the CC light flashes 1 like every 30 seconds or so.

I'd just like to know if there is some way to check the relay before I assume the WORSE.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
518 Posts
we need buzz to find a solid state version of the relay then we wont have this issue!

In maserati Luggage compartment wiring diagram (page1013 of service manual) the relay is listed as N005 which according to the diagram is infront of the battery on the passenger side of the car there are two components the other is a MAXI fuse for the ECU according to diagram F1 relay should be the one farthest forward (closest to the front of the car)

·
Registered
174 Posts
thanks. is there another fuse in the compartment that interchanges with it so I can swap to do a test?

·
Registered
174 Posts
nevermind. I think the relay is good. Is there a fuse as well or should I chalk this up as an f1 pump?

·
Registered
174 Posts
okay found the relay andn popped the cap off. i turned off the switch to the battery and when I turn it back on I hear it "click" and can see it engage but still no pump action. The car doesn't do any funy beeps or anything when I turn the key just Nothing happens. Is there a fuse as well or am I looking at the pump for certain?

Also can anyone send me to portion of the shop manual that shows how to swap out the f1 pump? thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts