Maserati Forum banner

f1 pump issues

4K views 31 replies 4 participants last post by  tulit 
#1 ·
let me start with a basic question. should i be able to easily turn the pump itself by using my fingers? the pump itself not the motor, i have the motor removed thinking it was bad. seems to work fine but the pump itself i cant turn with fingers.

2005 coupe cc thanks

#3 ·
You may not be able to turn the pump if it had pressure in the system...I have never had a problem with a pump...Lots of motors...Just because it runs now does not mean it is good...You probably bumped it removing it and it can start working again....Jason

#5 ·
Lets starts over...What is the problem with the car? Did you hear the pump run when you open the driver's door? No, I have never replaced a pump even after a major leak in the F1 system...Jason

#6 ·
Really really long story. Not sure how much you want to hear ha. I have a full service repair shop and have alot of experience, just not in f1 systems. I bought this car personally as a sort of project. Replaced the clutch, actuator, sensor, and throw out. Sent it to be bled and programmed at a local Indy that has the equipment. Waited a month just to have them say the pump isn't working. I had it towed back to my shop for repairs. The pump sounds fine to me when I open the driver door however if I let I prime and then open the bleeder on the bell housing I get no fluid pressure other than what appears to be just a gravity bleed situation. The pump even sounds like it pressures up when it runs and only runs for a second or so. Seems normal. I ordered a new motor but when I took the motor off the pump seemed to have alot of resistance. Couldn't turn it with my fingers. And that's where I am now, don't have enough experience to know what is and isn't normal.

#7 ·
You are correct ...I was already sniffing out there was more to the story...Fluid is not gonna just flow from the clutch bleed screw unless you activate an actuator bleed via the scan tool.. I'm not sure WTF they are bleeding if the pump is not working? The pump should run longer than a second...like 15-20 seconds or so to build pressure...You have something going on and it is gonna be a PITA without the right software and knowledge of the system...It honestly sounds like there is air in the system..My best advice...J

#9 ·
Yeah, your kinda in a shitty spot...A good F1 pump pisses out fluid a good rate...I'm honestly not sure what to tell you on this one...F1 problems are hard to diagnosis online...Sorry..Jason

#14 ·
Sounds like something with the clutch position sensor. You didn't install the magnet backwards on the F1 sensor did you? You have to remember that is a robotized manual not just a manual...When you start the car it is pushing in the clutch pedal no matter if the car is in neutral or not.. Like I said pretty hard to diag. without seeing the clutch data on a scan tool....Jason

#16 ·
Maybe, you really need to have the scan tool to activate an actuator bleed...You maybe able to open the driver's door to build pressure in the system and then try to bleed it while cranking the car.. Jason

#17 ·
With the car running I can actively bleed both bleeders. I would assume that the clutch circuit is the easiest to bleed and the shifter circuit is what the scanner is mostly needed for with all the solenoids and different circuits. Basically I assume the clutch circuit is very basic.

#20 ·
Like I said before...You need a scan tool.. You can see the pressures and the gear states etc..Sorry...Not much more I can do on this one with what you have going on...That is my best advice..J

#28 ·
so i took this car to maserati OKC and they are pretty clueless on how to work on it. they claim that there are several special tools required and they dont have any of them. am i mistaken or is the only tool required the SD scanner that commands the actuator bleed? from what the shop foreman said there is another tool that plugs into the main f1 harness and another tool he referred to as a "T"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.