Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after reading some post about f-1 pumps, i believe mine is failing. 17000 miles. not a happy camper here, anyone wonder why? i would really like to hear stories. has any one been offered some comp. for cost? are some dealers more comforting, and or competent? located in ky. warranty over, forget columbus.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Mine went out just before 30k miles. See earlier thread. Title was something like 'massive hydraulic failure'. Fixed under warranty. My dealer, who has been great, said it would be a $2200-2500 job out of warranty.
My dealer is Ferrari Maserati of San Francisco, but based on stories on this forum the cost and customer service varies widely between dealers.
MikeA

·
Registered
513 Posts
Mine went out at around 27k. no advanced warning. this could be completely coincidental, but just before it went out, I was revving the engine for someone at the grocery store. It was on my way back home about 3 miles later that the pump died.

it is a warranty item.

·
Registered
722 Posts
When the F1 pump dies, is it usually catastrophic and without warning? (I'm imagining waiting for a flatbed tow in a mid-winter rainstorm on the side of the freeway)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Mine was catastropic and without warning. Like Bundas, however, I has just tried to show a friend how the car would take off like a rocket when the MSR is turned off. The car just didn't respond like it usually does, but I attributed this to the clutch slipping I had been experiencing. Anyway, a 1/4 mile later I parked it in his driveway and when I came out to restart it it was dead. Not sure if the try for a fast launch helped the F1 pump to fail, but the coincidence is weird.
Luckily I hadn't blocked his cars since my car was immovable and had to eventually be pulled onto the flatbed with trolleys under each wheel. I shudder to think about some of the less hospitable situations where this might have happened!
Mike

·
Registered
192 Posts
Mine died due to an overheating issue. It would die (car unusable) then restart 10-15 minutes later after cooling down. I was never towed but it was replaced under warranty.

I asked the dealer how much this would be out of warranty and I was told $1950 ($1100 f1 pump, $850 labor).

Hope it helps,
dsd

·
Registered
681 Posts
For anyone with their cars out of warranty wanting to save some money call me for pump pricing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts