Maserati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Maserati Quattroporte GTS 2013
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey electrician folks, hoping y'all can help me! We just ordered a new fridge to be delivered and installed Monday... Our old fridge we plan to put in the garage just for a month or so, to help keep the food cold while the new fridge breaks in for 24 hours and then just to have extra space while stuck at home... I'll need to use a 25-50 foot extension cord though for where it is going to sit in the garage, and don't want to start a fire or have it overheat... Its a 23.2 cubic foot fridge/freezer combo... What gauge and amps do I need for such a thing? What can you say about article on the RefrigeratorFAQ thanks!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Hey electrician folks, hoping y'all can help me! We just ordered a new fridge to be delivered and installed Monday... Our old fridge we plan to put in the garage just for a month or so, to help keep the food cold while the new fridge breaks in for 24 hours and then just to have extra space while stuck at home... I'll need to use a 25-50 foot extension cord though for where it is going to sit in the garage, and don't want to start a fire or have it overheat... Its a 23.2 cubic foot fridge/freezer combo... What gauge and amps do I need for such a thing? thanks!
Ext Cord.jpg
Anything similar to this and you're good to go

Outdoor/Indoor and perfect for appliances

Home Depot

1 - 3 of 3 Posts