Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm looking at an '06 '07 cambiocorsa now. but i would like to know if there are any extended high line warranties available out there? outside of the 1yr $3k one that is available. HELP?:)

·
Registered
339 Posts
The Coupe CambioCorsa model stopped production in 2005. 2005-2006 had a GranSport model with the "cambiocorsa" transmission (F1 paddle shift). In 2007 the two door body was changed and was renamed the GranTurismo, it has an automatic transmission (still has paddle shifters but it's now linked to an auto tranny with a torque convertor as opposed to the sequential double clutch system the cambiocorsa is)

to answer your question on the warranty. Maserati offers an official extended warranty that can be purchased from any dealer at anytime before your car goes out of warranty. In 2006, cars came with a 4 year/50,000 mile warranty from the factory. The factory extended warranty is $3,600 and doesn't really cover half of what the original one did, just pretty much the basic stuff. My dealer recommended against it and I had a ton of warranty work done up till that point. There were 1 or 2 aftermarket companies offering them, but when I did more research on the company itself I only heard about problems on getting work done on BMW's and Audi's so I can't imagine the nightmare a Maserati would be. Plus, the cost of some of them (up to $10,000), you'd be better off just putting the $ in an account set aside for service on the car.

·
5,887 Posts
The CambrioCorsa model stopped production in 2005. 2005-2006 had a GranSport model with the "cambriocorsa" transmission (F1 paddle shift). In 2007 the two door body was changed and was renamed the GranTurismo, it has an automatic transmission (still has paddle shifters but it's now linked to an auto tranny with a torque convertor as opposed to the sequential double clutch system the cambriocorsa is)
As a couple of points of clarification, there were not any models called "Cambiocorsa". That is just the name of a transmission system. From 2002 - 2005, there was both a "Coupe" model and a "Spyder" model. Both were available with either a 6MT or Cambiocorsa transmission.

Also, the GT is not just a body change from the Gransport model. The GT was entirely a new design and IMHO, shares little with the Coupe/Gransport line.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
54 Posts
My local dealer recommended the Toyota warranty over MNA's (that should tell you something right there) - if you're looking for a warranty. Supposedly it's more comprehensive, but I haven't researched it, as I still have the factory warranty on my '05. I'm not sure that I would spend the money, regardless.... my $.02.

·
Registered
339 Posts
BTW the cambiocorsa is a single-clutch system.
sorry, I meant to say it was a dual disc clutch system (twin 215 mm dry clutch discs).

·
Registered
793 Posts
Here's something to consider.

In 2001 Circuit City sold $440 million of extended warranties.

Now 50% of that goes to them as their commission with part of that going to the sales person!

How much is left to repair what was warrantied?

Is a money business pure and simple.

·
Registered
76 Posts
As a couple of points of clarification, there were not any models called "Cambiocorsa". That is just the name of a transmission system. From 2002 - 2005, there was both a "Coupe" model and a "Spyder" model. Both were available with either a 6MT or Cambiocorsa transmission.

Also, the GT is not just a body change from the Gransport model. The GT was entirely a new design and IMHO, shares little with the Coupe/Gransport line.
When a car says "Coupe Cambiocorsa" on the glovebox, I completely understand the reference to a CC. Is there a nuance I'm missing?

·
Registered
255 Posts
When a car says "Coupe Cambiocorsa" on the glovebox, I completely understand the reference to a CC. Is there a nuance I'm missing?
No you are quite correct:

Coupe Cambiocorsa = 4200 coupe with the automatic clutch
Coupe GT = 4200 coupe with clutch pedal

·
Registered
112 Posts
Funny you posted this, I'm actually looking into purchasing an aftermarket warranty. My car is currently out of warranty and I have 44k on it. The only company I could find that would offer a warranty on the car is called Auto Advantage Inc. If anyone has heard or dealt with them please let me know your thoughts? Here is what they offer for my 02 CC Spyder with 44k:

PREMIUM Bumper to Bumper Coverage
*** $200.00 Deductible ***
1 Year/Unlimited Miles- $1.376.00
2 Year/Unlimited Miles- $2,304.00
3 Year/Unlimited Miles- $3,482.00
4 Year/Unlimited Miles- $4,776.00
5 Year/Unlimited Miles- $5,968.00

THIS PLAN IS THE BEST EXCLUSIONARY BUMPER-TO-BUMPER COVERAGE AVAILABLE.

Warranty Offered By: Auto Advantage Inc.
Warranty Administrator: Genuine Warranty Solutions
Vehicle Eligibility: YES, this vehicle qualifies!

Auto Advantage Inc.
* Extended Warranties Direct to consumers, is our Business
* We offer only Premium Vehicle warranties
* Warranties Insured by the highest rated company
(The only major company on the Internet who can state this)
* No Gimmicks, No Coupons and No Up Selling tactics ever!
* Due to our large volume we offer the lowest prices from the start, for the most comprehensive Bumper to Bumper coverage available for your Vehicle
* Our company is owned and staffed by warranty experts, not Salespeople or Telemarketers.
* We understand the three most important words "Yes It's Covered"

Covered Components
Premium Bumper-To-Bumper contracts cover the cost to remedy any operating mechanical or electrical failure of the vehicle, except as specified.

POLICY EXCLUSIONS “What is not covered”:
Rust damage, sheet metal, chassis frame, cross member, body rails, body panels, carpet, weather-strips, lenses, sealed beams, light bulbs, tires, trim, convertible or vinyl tops, moldings, bright metal, upholstery, paint, exhaust system, catalytic converter, hinges, brake drums, shock absorbers, batteries, carburetor, correction of air and water leaks, wind noise, odors, squeaks, rattles, contaminated fuel systems, bumpers, body parts, glass, time failed components, clutch, service and maintenance items.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Funny you posted this, I'm actually looking into purchasing an aftermarket warranty. My car is currently out of warranty and I have 44k on it. The only company I could find that would offer a warranty on the car is called Auto Advantage Inc. If anyone has heard or dealt with them please let me know your thoughts?

I looked into this company a year ago and did hours of research on FChat, speaking to Florida and Nevada licensing commissions. In the end I did not purchase the warranty. This recent post sums up my findings: http://tinyurl.com/6ga7ye

Here is the 13 page discussion on FChat: http://tinyurl.com/6qtquy

·
Registered
824 Posts
None of the aftermarket warranties are any good and the Maserati one doesn't cover the electrics I believe so has little value.

BTW the Maserati CC box is not "sequential" either. It can directly move from e.g. 4th to 2nd if need be just like a H pattern gearbox (which it is). A sequential gearbox is typically faster and would have to move through 4,3,2 for example.

People mistakenly equate "paddle shift" for sequential. Most motorcycle gearboxes are sequential.

·
Registered
78 Posts
if you are getting an 06, why are you looking to get an extended warranty? as of the time, you'll have at the very least, 3 years left on it? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Funny you posted this, I'm actually looking into purchasing an aftermarket warranty. My car is currently out of warranty and I have 44k on it. The only company I could find that would offer a warranty on the car is called Auto Advantage Inc. If anyone has heard or dealt with them please let me know your thoughts? Here is what they offer for my 02 CC Spyder with 44k:

Any luck with the After Market Warranty?

Ferarri/Maserati of LI recommended "Genuine" but the info on them is disturbing.

Anyone have info or have used a reputable aftermarket Warranty Co on a Mas?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Genuine warranty

I bought one from Maserati long island for my 2004 coupe
They have paid claims on a compressor, oil sending unit, hand brake and alternator. There is a $200 deductible and they will have you use rebuilt parts when available. When the alternator was rebuilt the manifold needed to be pulled they did not cover the gasket or the battery. I am near brake even so far but the next repair I am a head. I recommended buying the warranty from the dealer who will service the car. When I took a repair to an independent it was more of a struggle to get a repair covered. MLI sells lot of they and Genuine often calls them for pricing. Would I buy it again? I will let you know in Sept when it runs out. The service rep at MLI feels it is good warranty and says Genuine has paid a lot of claims.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts

Auto Advantage Inc.
* Extended Warranties Direct to consumers, is our Business
* We offer only Premium Vehicle warranties
* Warranties Insured by the highest rated company
(The only major company on the Internet who can state this)
* No Gimmicks, No Coupons and No Up Selling tactics ever!
* Due to our large volume we offer the lowest prices from the start, for the most comprehensive Bumper to Bumper coverage available for your Vehicle
* Our company is owned and staffed by warranty experts, not Salespeople or Telemarketers.
* We understand the three most important words "Yes It's Covered"

Covered Components
Premium Bumper-To-Bumper contracts cover the cost to remedy any operating mechanical or electrical failure of the vehicle, except as specified.

POLICY EXCLUSIONS “What is not covered”:
Rust damage, sheet metal, chassis frame, cross member, body rails, body panels, carpet, weather-strips, lenses, sealed beams, light bulbs, tires, trim, convertible or vinyl tops, moldings, bright metal, upholstery, paint, exhaust system, catalytic converter, hinges, brake drums, shock absorbers, batteries, carburetor, correction of air and water leaks, wind noise, odors, squeaks, rattles, contaminated fuel systems, bumpers, body parts, glass, time failed components, clutch, service and maintenance items.
There was another thrread on this the other day..... someone (a repair shop) posted a warning about a compnay NOT to use....... AutO Advantage rings a bell but I'm not sure - just check it out to be safe - old timers acting up again:thumbsdown:

·
5,887 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts