Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the news:

With so much emphasis on checking and re-checking, it is no surprise that the factory stands behind its products, and the Trident values the close bond it shares with every Maserati owner. In conjunction with the new Trident Discoveries Certified Pre-Owned program*, Maserati is now offering comprehensive extended service coverage to owners of qualified cars. To qualify, your 2002 or later Maserati must have:

Fewer that 90,000 miles;
Passed a 120-point examination;
No major accident involvement;
No modification other than that approved by Maserati and performed by an authorized Maserati dealer;
Completed all scheduled maintenance by an authorized Maserati dealer.
Coverage is extended to five years or 90,000 miles, whichever occurs sooner.

The extended service coverage continues to provide access to the toll-free 24-hour Helpline and roadside assistance; just one more feature designed to strengthen the bond between Maserati and its valued owners. If you are an existing Maserati owner and want to know more about the new extended service coverage contact your authorized Maserati dealer for details.

* Not available in all States and Provinces at this time

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Question is:

How much for the "120 point check" and how much for the extra year?

Doesn't seem to be of any help to 2002's, as most of them will hit 5 years soon. For me 2003, it would only get me a couple more months...

I'll look into it, though.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
i agree. an extra year doesnt seem to be too confident about the cars either. perhaps it is marketing. they do not want to any 02 owners to buy this extended warranty. doesnt really say what is covered either. it wouldn't be the same warranty?

·
Registered
177 Posts
really is useless

to me as a 2002 owner.
why cant they be more aggressive like bmw with their awesome cpo program

·
Registered
528 Posts
I think these two quailifers will eliminate 90% of the cars out there.

"No modification other than that approved by Maserati and performed by an authorized Maserati dealer;
Completed all scheduled maintenance by an authorized Maserati dealer. "

·
Registered
518 Posts
to me as a 2002 owner.
why cant they be more aggressive like bmw with their awesome cpo program
wrong type of catagory man...dont catagorize maser with BMW check out how long the extended warrenty is on a ferrari, Noble, caterham

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,

I just talked to Rob at FM of Seattle.

He said:
120-point exam is "billed to customer" but didn't say price
and the extended warranty itself is $3500, "leather portfolio not included"

I have a 2004 Cambiocorsa Coupe. Initial warranty expires 11/07. I've had a few warranty issues so far, so I've been looking for an 06 GS to trade up to, but can't find one I like. An extension of the warranty on my 04 could "buy me some time" to either find an 06 GS I like or to see used GranTurismo cars start showing up. I don't love the idea of buying brand new and taking the depreciation hit. (I'd rather wait for an F1 GranTurismo, anyway.)

-- Garrett

·
Registered
742 Posts
I think I will take my chances....

I had my 6,000 mile service done at the dealer.... I am about to order all the filters, install new brake pads, and flush and change all the fluids with my great independent in August. ( I should have close to 18,000 miles ). This service will cost me with filters and brake pads less than $600.00. The dealer quoted me around $2,200. My yearly oil changes cost me $200.00

The only warranty issues I have had were with the drivers side window motor. The dealer replaced it twice. Car runs incredible.

My warranty expires in May 2008. I should have around 22,000 miles at that time. The money that I have saved with my independent so far is about $2,000.00, plus the $3,500 I am not going to spend on a one year extended warranty. (who knows what the inspection cost)

I own my car, love it and realize there is nothing I can buy or trade to at a reasonable cost that will ever get me close to my current Maz... So I am willing to take the risk that I will spend less than $5,500 on dealer related warranty items in a 12 month period...... Especially since I have no plans on selling it anytime soon...

Maybe I am crazy.... Who knows.... When the warranty goes I should have less than 25,000 on it.... From this board alone it seems like these cars can handle 40,000 - 50,000 miles. I have not read any truely expensive or crazy horror stories that start off with "My Maserati just got off warranty and self destructed. It just stopped running"??? I believe if you maintain these cars they can handle miles......

Other than the F1 pump and the clutch issue, the later not being covered under a warranty.... The dealer charges about $2,500 to replace the F1 pump, if nothing else goes wrong you still lose 1,000 plus the additional year of depreciation if you are planning to trade in or sell your car after the additional 12 months goes by.

I am aware of all the "what if" scenarios... Again, I am willing to take the risk that a 4 year old Maserati Coupe with less than 25,000 miles that has never been tracked or driven hard has less than 5,500.00 in warranty work in a 12 month period.

I will keep everyone posted. Please let me know if there are any owners with current 2002 cars that are experiencing any unique expensive warranty problems.

Do many of our cars just die? Please post some very expesive horror stories about our cars.

Thanks.

CM

·
Registered
390 Posts
5/90 miles from the date of the purchase of the warranty or 5/90 miles total?

given that it had a 4 year warranty, thats hardly worth anything. they're just extending it a year.

·
Registered
202 Posts
He said:
120-point exam is "billed to customer" but didn't say price
and the extended warranty itself is $3500, "leather portfolio not included"

-- Garrett
For $3500.00 i expect a little more than one year. (at least a kiss or something)

i could use that money and have a good 24 hour night out with girls, drinks, illegal substances, possible happy endings and one hell of a story...;)

and to be honest whats the worst that can happen to our cars? new clutch, F1 relay, some sensor here and there. i know that some guys have put 60,000+ miles with no big drama :)

-willie

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Yeah, for $3500 + inspection, I'll certainly pass on it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts