Maserati Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone speak to the value of an extended warranty relative to the reliability of the GranTurismo? I have a 2017 GranTurismo MC with 7,800 miles on it and the warranty expires in July. According to the dealer, I can buy an extended warranty that covers an additional 2 years. I plan to drive the car a bit more the next few years, but it won‘t see more than 20k. I just don’t have any perspective on what breakdowns are common and the typical repair costs. Any feedback is appreciated! Thank you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The first quote I received was $5,200 to cover everything (engine, drivetrain, electronics, interior, etc.) for 24 months. That coverage would begin when once the factory warranty ends. I’m told it will cover everything inside and outside the vehicle except for normal wear and tear such as brakes, oil changes, etc. I have not reviewed the policy documents yet, but that will be my next step in addition to seeking a couple more policy quotes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't walk away from the dealerships extended warranty...RUN away. Maserati will deny almost every claim stating that the item or items in question are "wear" items and aren't covered. Ask the dealership for a SPECIFIC list of items that are covered and items that are not. The "are not" list is about 5 pages, whereas the "are" items are about 1/2 page. This has been discussed many times here.

If you're concerned about an extended warranty, shop around.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts