Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard anything more about an extended warranty program from Maserati. I spoke with the dealer FMSF about two weeks ago and they said that a program is in the works. However, they have said that all year. Any updates?

·
Registered
513 Posts
BrianS said:
Has anyone heard anything more about an extended warranty program from Maserati. I spoke with the dealer FMSF about two weeks ago and they said that a program is in the works. However, they have said that all year. Any updates?
Brian

what details did they give you?

I think it depends which day of the week you speak to them. I spoke to them about 3 weeks ago and the word "extended warranty" appeared to be foreign language to them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
In germany you can extend your warrenty from 3 to 4 years. In fact you can have an extra year with assistance. You can buy it or the dealer gives it for free, depends on your negotiation skills.:D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was vague. I spoke with the sales department. They said that they are in close contact with Maserati, but have not heard a formal announcement yet. However they expect it to happen. For what that's worth.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Spoke with Gino yesterday - rearview mirror came off in spouse's hand, along with a chunk of the windscreen (warranty, yeah!)

The service department has no further word although "Maserati's working on it". I'm sure that's great comfort to 02 owners whose cars were built early in the year.

I'll be seeing then in person next week and will ask.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I just asked ablout the availability of the warranty at my dealer. The answer I got was: "Corporate will neither confirm nor deny that it is coming. We will know by the end of the year".
I have also been told to expect a cost similar to the Ferrari PowerCube. Somewhere south of $5K for 1 year of major mechanical. Might as well buy a used car instead, if that is indeed the cost.
I have a 6 speed, so I am not as concerned about electronic and hydraulic issues people have reported on the cc, and I know where several crashed Maseratis live at the moment, so coupled with a decent independent mechanic I might be OK taking the risk...

·
Registered
84 Posts
In the same boat

Good Day,

I am in the same boat, not sure what to do. Part of me says "stop being a cry baby" having owned a few alfa's M3's, a lancia, e55... I should be used to car problems. Well to tell the truth I ask for them with my choice of cars. But I am bit scared of what it could cost to fix if a major problem pops up. Yet 3-5k for one year is a bit high, I also spoke to FMSF and got the "Its in the works" response, but the funny part was "Those guys are smart, the don't lose money on these things". Is it better to bank the 5K and roll the dice?

What to do

P

·
Registered
909 Posts
The official word we have gotten from Maserati on this is that they are working on it, which happens to follow what we've heard for the last couple of years. The most recent letter on the subject came from the top for what its worth.

We'll see what actually happens, but I do believe they are in fact working on it, especially considering the recent history of extended warranty availability..

As far as timeframe, your guesses are as good as mine.

- Mark

·
Registered
530 Posts
Spoke to Gino @ FMSF today - still no word on when, but he says MNA ARE saying that whenever it becomes available, it will be available for cars that are out of warranty since they've dragged thier feet getting a program out the door.

He also says it's likely to be in the same league as the Ferrari program in terms of cost. First "extended" year same coverage as original [email protected] $6,500.

Unless you have an F1 pump go or a top malfunction, it's hard to see how that makes economic sense.

Interestingly the also said that they've seen more F1 pump failures on the later cars than on the earlier ones...

·
Registered
681 Posts
It would be nice to know, price would have alot to do with it. For $5k I don't think I would purchase it but for $2-3k it's a no-brainer.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Whoa Nelly!

A year or so ago when I was speaking to the dealer who oddly said "it was in the works", the price being thrown around was $2500 yr....

As Kevin/MVP said, that would be a no-brainer. For $5k, I doubt many people would take the plunge. F1 pumps are about $2200 to replace, doubt it would go out over 2 times in a year. It would seem that for $5k, you are buying disaster insurance, ie engine blowing up....the one thing I was assured of at the dealer was that this Engine is well built and proven, not something you have to worry about.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts