Maserati Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 ghibli 1 year full warranty to go, getting clobbered on depreciation with 19,400 KM. To date the display screen needed chaning and the front control arm needs replacing (live in Montreal, dealer tells me due to crappy roads we have). Tires need replacing next year and I suspect the brakes are not too far behind. Question 1) do I sell now? 2)keep it and if so do i get the extended warranty (2 years $5,500 CDN)?

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
2013 GranTurismo C Sport
28 Posts
Hi Rockbarn, unfortunately, modern Maserati's depreciate quickly. Mine is a daily driver and I drive the hell of out it because, whether or not, I put no miles or a lot of miles on it it's still depreciating at about the same rate. I might as well enjoy it as it depreciates. Mine was outside the warranty when I bought it so the extended warranty was never an option. Though, in over my first year and half of ownership, it has been very reliable except the battery which died because of age. And that most likely would not have been covered by a warranty anyways.

My thought would be to sell yours before the warranty runs out and buy another low mileage used one with a couple of years left on the warranty or a CPO. That $5,500 could go towards a newer model with newer equipment and with it being newer your maintenance should be minimal or covered by the warranty. Maserati service and repairs is very expensive as you probably know so it can be real cringe point when you find out what it costs to fix something that is not under warranty.

That's of course if you want another Ghibli. I like the Ghibli, they give me one as a loaner when I have my GT serviced, though I would prefer the QP for the more room in the back, but they don't have those as loaners.

Hard decision. This is just my opinion.

Good luck, Marc

1 - 2 of 2 Posts