Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a call from my Service Manager about repairs on my car and he asked me if I wanted to purchase and additional year's Warranty from Maserati North America! Its not a bumper to bumper , but it covers all "Major Components" and is good for 5 years or 90,000 miles. No info on the price at the moment - I'll pick up the official paperwork today/tomorrow and post the details when I get them. Unless of course someone beats me to it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
From reading the brochure, it appears that the extended warranty is really only good for powertrain problems; quirky Italian electronics aren't covered.

Let us know how much you're quoted by the dealer.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Costs

Here's the scoop.

The Warranty itself will cost $2950.00 for the one year. However in order to qualify the dealer has to do an extensive and complete 5 hour check of the car and this bumps the price by another $550 to a nice (for MNA) $3,500.

My service guy did point out that one of the big advantages of this is that when they do the inspection anything they find, including things that are not going to be covered in the extra year will be fixed under the existing warranty.

I rather like that idea of having that done before my warranty ends. At least I'll be able to go into the next phase of Ma$$$erati ownership with a reasonable level of confidence. So I'm probably going to fork out the 3500 for the extra year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts