Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone hear anything about extended warrantees for maserati
live in California and want to keep my '03 spyder but want to find extended coerage on it since its up in may '07

·
Registered
722 Posts
I've heard that Maserati is working on it. I also heard that there won't be a time limit to buy it, from initial purchase of the vehicle. But it hasn't happened yet, so???

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
extended warranty

Have located one taker for extended warranty on maserati for California
Nation wide. One quote approx 5000.00 for 4 year zero deductible for 2003 spyder.
Anyone any experience with this company.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Isn't Nationwide for Canada only?

·
Registered
246 Posts
$5000 for a four year warranty would be an excellent price. Would be interested in seeing the terms of coverage and some background on how reputable the company is.
Thanks.
Mike

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
extended warranty

Yes nationwide has offices in Canada and US I am told
Warrantee includes the usual plus high tech electronic coverage.
Can find coverage list at nationwideautowarranty.com
it is the premium one zero deductible, high tech option is included. 48 months
I have not purchased as of yet feedback from the group would be appreciated
one catch might be each individual claim limit 3500.00
These cars can yield higher claims than that sometimes

·
Registered
46 Posts
2nd big repair on '03 coupe

I now have 58,000 miles on my '03 coupe and just had sticker shock on it's 2nd repair (I am obviously well out of warranty):

~$2000 to replace steering rack (side seals leak and they don't fix them).
~$1800 for front pads, rotors (I am doing these myself with aftermarket pads to save money). I still need to buy rotors from dealer for $750 but at least a good aftermarket pad is 1/2 of dealer price.

I did do the clutch at 48000 miles for ~$2000 which was 1st repair earlier this year.

Anyways, my dealer, Auto Gallery in L.A., is a real nice bunch of guys but no loaner cars (very sore point for me), expensive mechanics (4 hours to do front brakes - only if a nap is included), and basically much too expensive now that I am out of warranty. My wife bought her Porsche SUV there but given my experience with their Maserati repair service, we will get the Porsche serviced elsewhere.

I may keep this car, but am considering getting a Carrera as a daily driver since even Porsche doesn't cost this for maintenance.

My advice is these cars do not make a good daily driver simply due to maintenance costs. That being said, it is fun.

·
Registered
773 Posts
$$$$

your view of real life cost is causing me to make yet another unscheduled physic/physo appointment. i am trying to live in my childhood dream period, of course that means without cost considerations.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I now have 58,000 miles on my '03 coupe and just had sticker shock on it's 2nd repair (I am obviously well out of warranty):

~$2000 to replace steering rack (side seals leak and they don't fix them).
~$1800 for front pads, rotors (I am doing these myself with aftermarket pads to save money). I still need to buy rotors from dealer for $750 but at least a good aftermarket pad is 1/2 of dealer price.

I did do the clutch at 48000 miles for ~$2000 which was 1st repair earlier this year.

Anyways, my dealer, Auto Gallery in L.A., is a real nice bunch of guys but no loaner cars (very sore point for me), expensive mechanics (4 hours to do front brakes - only if a nap is included), and basically much too expensive now that I am out of warranty. My wife bought her Porsche SUV there but given my experience with their Maserati repair service, we will get the Porsche serviced elsewhere.

I may keep this car, but am considering getting a Carrera as a daily driver since even Porsche doesn't cost this for maintenance.

My advice is these cars do not make a good daily driver simply due to maintenance costs. That being said, it is fun.
my 2002 coupe with 20,000 mi has had 3 clutch repairs ($2400 ea, one was under warranty), new engine belt ($900 + $500 labor) f1 fuel pump, ($1400 + $900 labor) and these are just some of the repairs.

Theb dealer must laugh like crazy when someone buys one of these cars!

·
Registered
513 Posts
my 2002 coupe with 20,000 mi has had 3 clutch repairs ($2400 ea, one was under warranty), new engine belt ($900 + $500 labor) f1 fuel pump, ($1400 + $900 labor) and these are just some of the repairs.

Theb dealer must laugh like crazy when someone buys one of these cars!

By engine belt, was that the "serpentine belt" ? Mine was partially torn which caused a "ticking" sound in the engine area, my local tech did it for $200 parts and labor.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Do A LOT of searching around when it comes to 3rd party extended warranties...there is an incredible amount of bad stuff out there..lotsa pitfalls. I think the sub prime guys were doing 3rd parties before mortgages. You pay up front and are COMPLETELY at the mercy of 1) someone deciding to pay...that is 2) if they are still in business if you have a claim. Search Fcar, Pcar etc boards about this..

Beware..

Chris

1 - 12 of 12 Posts