Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am planning on modifying my exhaust from stock, but I was wondering if anyone here knew of a place that could do it in LA.

Ill most likely get a tubi...

What are the differences between the various tubis? I know there are 3 versions, which is most like the GS in Sport mode?

Do any of you LA guys have a tubi that i could roll by and hear?

·
Registered
835 Posts
...Do any of you LA guys have a tubi that i could roll by and hear?...
don't waste your money. straight pipes will do. I have tubi and love the notes of Willie's straight pipes. PM him, he is also on the westside. If you want to check out my tubi and tubi OEM on GS. PM me and MG (MG lives near where I live).

·
Registered
68 Posts
x-ost mufflers for Gransport w/ valves

I have looked at and listened to most brands, but really wanted the benefit of retaining my stock type valves. I wanted the option to make the car a little quieter if desired. The only company to offer these to my knowledge is x-ost (other than the "kriesseg" more race oriented system). They use the same muffler body as their conventional muffler (you can find sound clips of on this site). X-ost sells directly to the U.S. and appears to be a very high quality product. There is a picture of the non-valved set-up on their site, but all look basically the same. I just ordered mine and they should be here in a few weeks. I will post pics and a review at that time.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I have looked at and listened to most brands, but really wanted the benefit of retaining my stock type valves. I wanted the option to make the car a little quieter if desired. The only company to offer these to my knowledge is x-ost (other than the "kriesseg" more race oriented system). They use the same muffler body as their conventional muffler (you can find sound clips of on this site). X-ost sells directly to the U.S. and appears to be a very high quality product. There is a picture of the non-valved set-up on their site, but all look basically the same. I just ordered mine and they should be here in a few weeks. I will post pics and a review at that time.
how much did they run you?
love to hear them. please post clips when u get them installed.

·
Registered
68 Posts
how much did they run you? 1545 euro - approx $2130 usd
love to hear them. please post clips when u get them installed.

Pics and description I can do. A sound clip may not be easy as I am not the most savy when it comes to computers... If you or someone is willing to walk me through how to do it I will make an attempt. If you do a search under "x-ost" (on the site) there is a nice sound clip on a black spyder.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hey guys,

I am planning on modifying my exhaust from stock, but I was wondering if anyone here knew of a place that could do it in LA.

Ill most likely get a tubi...

What are the differences between the various tubis? I know there are 3 versions, which is most like the GS in Sport mode?

Do any of you LA guys have a tubi that i could roll by and hear?

Tillack and Co. in Redondo Beach has worked on my Ferrari and now service my Maserati. Contact them - they may be able do the work for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts