Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For an '05 Coupe, if I wanted to improve the exhaust note (and modest throughput), are there any other exhausts I should consider besides the obvious Tubi solution?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Kreis-sieg is awesome but the price is high. Fusch is a great exhaust. Mille Miglia is an affordable exhaust with great sound and quality.

Give me a call or email me and we can discuss some options.

Regards,
Kevin

·
Registered
681 Posts
bundas said:
remove the mufflers, run pipes, great sound
Really fun also, especially when you get pulled over every 5 miles.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Just replace the rear mufflers with straight pipes. Keep the mid muffler and cat. Sounds awesome - I have gotten no end of comments on the track and on the street. Appears to be legal as well. I have never been hassled by a cop, and this is my daily driver with 28K miles. It also hasn't set off the sound limit at Laguna Seca (which my buddie's 430 did in race mode), which is supposedly set to 92db.
Mike

·
Registered
39 Posts
Pics...vids?

bundas said:
i have the same sound as mikeA no problem 16000 miles
Would you guys mind taking a few pictures and video/sound?

I assume this is a pretty easy mod and completely reversible as well!

Thanks in advance!

KCD

·
Registered
173 Posts
bundas said:
remove the mufflers, run pipes, great sound
Yes, I did that on mine too. I love the sound especially in the low rev. Sound very mean and not too loud. The nice dual twin tips and custom job will set u back around $500. More reasonable than most system. GHL manufactures the pipes also at about $1500(you better go to local custom shop). You also save a lot of weight.

·
Registered
202 Posts
i like this,

i think that i am going to do the same. i was about to get a tubi, but i like the idea of straight pipes.

i will try and find a place tomorrow.

-willie

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was at my dealer yesterday. He also suggested replacing the rear mufflers with straight pipes. His price about $1000-$1200. They had a coupe on the lot with this modification, which he fired up for me. I compared it with my stock system and it sounded maybe 25% louder. Very nice rumble at low RPM. I don't think this would attract too much attention. My only concern is whether this modification would effect the warranty or exhaust emissions. We have to pass emission tests here in Denver. Any comments on these issues?

·
Registered
242 Posts
No concerns with emissions as you are not removing the catalytic converter. Also, no concerns with warranty or check engine lights with these simple mods.
Jack, are you sure the coupe you saw at the dealer had straight pipes with ALL resonators removed? I thought that replacing both the mid pipes and the rear exhausts made a substantial increase in volume.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts