Maserati Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok Ty much I have a question though a lot of the threads I have read said 170 180 but no real confirmation that it was just for the Maserati gt as they mentioned the Ferrari 4.2 in the same conversation I know it is built bye Ferrari now but I’m not sure if they had higher psi in Ferrari models

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am asking all this as I had a hose burst in the rear from head to head the rear cooling hoose and after replaceing and getting full pressure back I noticed oil in my rad reservoir but no overheating as I have grown up working on cars and I am a Industral mechanic millwright I wanted to jump into this head first and get to the bottom of it and find out if it really is the heat exchanger under the intake or a head gasket

·
Registered
650 Posts
Brief comment re compr testing (versus cylinder leakdown testing).

i) the relative speed and energy of the needle in getting to its, say, five-hits compression value seems to make a difference, per my experience; and

ii) cylinder leakdown tests if done properly (with piston rings sitting on the bottom piston ring "lands") can tell a somewhat different story about engine health. I prefer to do both tests. Also the brand- and orifice size... and the appropriate test pressure to use - all need to be considered. Finally, you really should calculate, manually, the % leakdown values.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ty much J do you have any insight to my next inquiry
Ok j I need help agin so the compression I got three reading s today revels to 400o rpm’s then idle the. Another garage insert I caught 140 on hand held reading tool while someone else started them 98 consistent with the other tool kit with me starting and 180 constantly with me reving to four grand so I’m gonna try heat exchanger first my question is what is the oem part number if you out know cause I found a Quattro Porto part on eBay that looks the same for excanger but not sure if if it is

1 - 9 of 9 Posts