Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

From reading the forum, it appears that many forum members have been satisfied with the Eurotek ECU upgrade regarding F1 driving dynamics.

I'm curious to find out how the ECU remapping has affected driving in Automatic. I think I read that the ECU remapping adds in a throttle blip inbetween shifts which mitigates the lurch you get sometimes on a shift. I assume the benefit of this would show up moreso in Automatic mode. In manual mode, you can at least blip the accelerator cause you know when you are shifting, in Automatic mode there's no way to time an acclerator tap.

Also, is the Eurotek remapping more enjoyed while you are in Sport mode or is it equally enjoyable regardless of the mode you are in. Thanks for any input! -- John

P.S. Here's another question that came to mind after reading the FAQ;

Q10. Does the ECU remain in a continuous learning mode, even after the first 100 miles? If so, will performance be affected by long term conservative driving after the 100 mile breakin?
A10. No if you drive 50/50 you're fine; if you drive 80/20 (conservative/aggressive) the car may feel sluggish until you aggressively get on it for 50+ miles

Question:

Are all you guys with the ECU upgrade really driving your cars aggressively 50% of the time after breakin? In general, I think I'm like most people where I drive the car normally 90% of the time and 10% of the time I like to have some "extra" fun. Is this type of driving style incompatible with an ECU remap?

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
I drive it aggressively 80% of the time, I'd guess. But that depends on your definition of "aggressively". Given the great 60-120 performance, seeking out a passing opportunity is always the goal... :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Guess I drive mine maybe 50% aggressively, there are not that many opportunities to have safe fun here in S. Florida (as you probably know). The "extra" fun from the Eurotek mod is probably needed less than that but I'm thrilled to have it there, it just adds significantly to a great driving experience.

ECU mod is just like adding the right amount of salt to an already fine dish.

Or I think of it as removing some restraints from the beast that should not have been there to begin with.

As far as Auto mode, sorry, just don't use that at all.

·
Registered
88 Posts
mine is in the shop for a gerbox replacement

is it really smart to do the ecu upgrade after having this big an issue with the car. i have 06 gs?

causei really would like to have that extra torque

·
Registered
835 Posts
hmbgransport said:
is it really smart to do the ecu upgrade after having this big an issue with the car. i have 06 gs?

causei really would like to have that extra torque
Eurotek's 91 octane program will not add as much hp and torque as you'd like. don't waste your $$$

·
Registered
835 Posts
hmbgransport said:
Thanks HaHa, thats what i needed to hear, cause i think there charts they have posted are for 96 octane gas right???
don't know if the charts are for 96 or possibly 93 but it sure isn't dyno'd with 91. the graphs on mine isn't anywhere close to their ad. having said that, the mod does make it drive like what a sports car should be. my gripe is that Eurotek should be candid about the result on 91 octanes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts